Business Manager – Target, Bangalore (7+ years of experience)
Do you have more than 5 years of experience in application development tools or analytical report development tools? If yes, here is a chance to work with a company, which thrives on cutting edge analytics.
Designation – Business Manager Analytics
Location – Bangalore
About employer – Target
Support all business areas of Target with critical data analysis that helps team members make profitable decisions. Become a forecast expert, business analyst or team lead and utilize tools like decision trees, clustering, regression, time series, structural equation modeling, linear programming, genetic algorithms, SAS, SQL, VBA and OLAP.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals.
- Grow and manage the Analytics CoE that provides analytic support to various pyramids through analytical, statistical and optimization programming languages and toolkits
- Oversee execution and delivery of key project milestones
- Accountable for clear requirements documents, analysis/development plans, project consulting and troubleshooting with Target India analytics team, the on time delivery of projects, timely communication project sponsors/owners, and quality of project deliverables
- Develop interim solutions that meet business requirements, provide functionality in the short term, and provide the technical/analytical requirements for the long term solution
- Project management tasks include (but not limited to): defining project scope, assisting with requirements collection, providing analysis/development plans, working closely with Target MPLS team during execution of project, and ensuring on-time delivery of and quality of projects
- Establish and maintain clear communication between HQ team, TTS, business clients, and Target India team regarding project scope, timelines, issue resolution, and deliverables
- Ensure all projects are fully documented (objective, requirements, analysis plan, technical design, results, support, training, etc.)
- Manage the progress and prioritization of multiple projects for multiple team members in a dynamic, fast-moving environment in support of diverse research needs
- Establish and grow relationships with key decision-makers to drive strategic business initiatives
- Provide depth and breadth to the analytics competence at Target India
Qualification and Skills Required:
- Masters in a quantitative discipline (Statistics, Econometrics, Economics, Mathematics, Operations Research) or even MBA Finance from a reputed institute
- Overall 7+ years of experience with at least 5 years’ experience in utilizing statistical application development tools (e.g., SAS, SPSS) or operations research application development tools (e.g., XPRESS, CPLEX) or analytical report development tools (e.g., Web-Focus, Micro-Strategy, SAS) in direct support of business client needs
- 3+ years’ experience with SQL and data modeling in an enterprise BI environment
- Excellent communications skills with respect to translating business needs into a mathematical/data analysis approach and translating analysis results back into business terms.
- Ability to synthesize and clearly communicate highly complex findings that focus on the critical issues and provide actionable opportunities.
- Demonstrated outstanding critical thinking skills.
- Excellent listening and problem dis-aggregation skills
- Ability to work within Minneapolis, MN and Bangalore, India time zones. Ideally working core hours of 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM with flexibility.
- Proven project management successes, including balancing multiple projects and differing project priorities.
- Proven capability to lead team members, including personal development, work direction, and creating a Fast Fun and Friendly team environment
Interested candidates can apply for this job at this PAGE.