Chief Manager, Gurgaon (6 -7 Years of experience)
Are you Passionate about solving real business issues using data? Do you have hands on experience working with large data sets and bringing out insights from it along with excellent Managerial Skills? If yes, have a look at this opportunity.
Designation – Chief Manager – Analytics
Location – Gurgaon
Salary – 15 – 18 LPA (Total Fixed Pay)
About employer – Confidential
The company started the Analytics to embed predictive intelligence in functional processes and to raise the bar in strategic decision making through data-driven decisions.
The Analytics has rapidly grown over the last 2 years, and now provides analytics services to all strategic areas of business: marketing analytics (cross-sell / up sell, customer lifetime value, etc), sales analytics, operations analytics (customer retention, customer surrenders, call centre optimization, etc) and UW and Claims analytics.
This role is ideal for someone who is:
- Passionate about solving real business issues using data and has the ability to make sense out of ambiguity
- Has an open mind and willing to experiment by using different approaches to solve business issues and learn from these experiments
- Enthusiastic about analytics and is able to showcase its value to senior management
- Willingness to get hands on and lead the team out of murky waters
- Be a proponent of analytics. Sell new ideas to management so as to grow the unit
- Lead analytics projects to help business heads to make better, faster data driven decisions
- Manage a pipeline of analytical requests from business heads – including understanding the business need, guiding a team of analysts, prioritizing and assigning tasks and ensuring timely delivery without compromising on the quality of deliverables
- Provide thought leadership and innovation within projects and across entire gamut of activities involved in project delivery
- Interacts regularly with business heads to understand key issues they are facing and appropriately design solutions though data analysis, strategy development and implementation
- Monitors project progress and regularly provide updates to key stakeholders on progress / potential delays
- Collaborates with business teams to ensure integration of insights / recommendations into business processes
- Mentor and Lead a team of analysts using appropriate people-management practices to motivate and plot the career growth of team members
- Supervising 3-4 people
- Conduct performance assessments and create & execute development plans for team members
- Ensures appropriate training is provided to each team member, either by coaching directly or identifying appropriate methods
Qualification and Skills Required:
- Engineers from Tier 1 colleges (IITs / NSIT) with atleast 6 – 7 years of experience in consulting / analytics
- Management Graduate from Tier 1 B Schools (IIMs, ISB) with atleast 4 – 5 years of experience in consulting / analytics
- Extremely high Problem Solving Skills, having consistently demonstrated in work experience
- Extremely comfortable with working with large data sets and bringing out insights from Data. Critical to connect the dots and develop the big picture
- High attention to detail combined with an ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal guidance.
- Highly Innovative, somebody who enjoys working in ambiguity
- Has the ability to convince stakeholders on what value analytics brings to table
- Working knowledge of SAS / Statistical modelling techniques is desirable but not mandatory (willingness / open to learn techniques if needed)
Interested candidates can send their CV’S to [email protected] with subject as Chief Manager – Analytics, Gurgaon.