Do you think you are the best BI professional out there? You can take data at huge scale and convert them into awesome (and error free) dashboards / reports all by your self? To top it up, can you understand what business users needs even when they have not put it across crisply?
If the answer to all the above questions in Yes, Check out this opening from Amazon.
Designation – Business Intelligence Engineer
Location – Bangalore
About employer – Amazon
Amazon IN Payments team is looking to hire a rock star BI Engineer to build for pan Amazon India businesses.
IN Payments team is responsible for launch and management of various payment methods across all Amazon India businesses. That translates to owning the payment processing of every Amazon India transaction, for which the team is organized to have dedicated business owners & processes for each focus area. The BI Engineer will play a key role in contributing to the success of each focus area, by partnering with respective business owners and leveraging data to identify areas of improvement & optimization. He / She will build deliverables like business process automation, payment behavior analysis, campaign analysis, fingertip metrics, failure prediction etc. that provide edge to business decision making AND can scale with growth. The role sits in the sweet spot between technology and business worlds AND provides opportunity for growth, high business impact and working with seasoned business leaders.
An ideal candidate will be someone with sound technical background in data domain – storage / processing / analytics, has solid business acumen and a strong automation / solution oriented thought process. Will be a self-starter who can start with a business problem and work backwards to conceive & devise best possible solution. Is a great communicator and at ease on partnering with business owners and other internal / external teams. Can explore newer technology options, if need be, and has a high sense of ownership over every deliverable by the team. Is constantly obsessed with customer delight & business impact / end result and ‘gets it done’ in business time.
Qualification and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field from an accredited institution, and 5+ years of relevant employment experience
- 3+ years of developing end-to-end Business Intelligence solutions: data modeling, ETL and reporting
- Proven analytical and quantitative ability and a passion for enabling customers to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analyses
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including an ability to effectively lead and influence interactions with both business and technical teams
- Advanced SQL writing and experience in data mining (SQL, ETL, data warehouse, etc.) and using databases in a business environment with complex datasets
- Solid project management skills
- Ability to take loosely defined business questions and translate them into clearly defined technical/data specifications for implementation
Interested candidates can apply for this job at this PAGE.