Here is an awesome opening with a company, which provides ad inventory optimization platform across the globe. You will be analyzing billions of rows of auction / bidding information to discover new insights. You need to have Hadoop and Machine Learning skills with an ability to lead a team.
Check out more details below:
Designation – Manager Engineering – Machine Learning
Location – Pune
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, Manager Engineering will work closely with other functional leaders in the company such as business, support, product management, marketing and others.
About employer – PubMatic
- With seven offices around the world in the US, Europe, and Asia, PubMatic is a global Ad Revenue Optimization company that provides premier online publishers with a full service solution to manage and monetize their ad inventory. Among the world’s most respected online publishers, some of our clients include eBay, NBCNews, Hearst, Rodale, Martha Stewart, Pinger, Toys R Us, Scripps Networks, The Huffington Post, MSNBC, TV Guide and the majority of the comScore Top 10.
- PubMatic enables publishers to realize the full potential of their digital assets. Since its founding in 2006, PubMatic has consistently been first-to-market with industry-changing products, services and systems for publishers. Our products are supported by always-on consulting and services that reflect our belief in putting publishers’ needs first.
- 2007: 1st to Market with Yield Optimization for Publishers across ad networks
- 2008: 1st to Market with Global Demand partner representation for Publishers
- 2009: 1st to Market with Real-Time Bidding (RTB) for Publishers
- 2010: 1st to Market with Data Theft prevention tools and dynamic Brand Protection tool suite
- 2011: 1st to Market with Unified Insights; blending guaranteed and non-guaranteed sales channels; Audience Data Analytics packaging segmented with real-time yield impact; Pixel Blocking for data theft protection; and RTB for Mobile ad units
- 2012: 1st to Market with Unified Revenue Optimization across guaranteed and non-guaranteed sales channels for every impression
- Every Ad. Every Sales Channel. Every Screen. One Platform. PubMatic
- This role would involve analyzing terabytes of data and billions of rows of Auctions and Bids information to discover correlations and patterns that empowers PubMatic Optimization Technology.
- We are looking for candidates who have deep data mining algorithms knowledge and are interested in applying this to huge datasets to innovate and optimize product and application.
- It will be a very exciting and a hands-on role and you would get to enjoy working with a team of very smart engineers from IITs and Premier Institutes.
- Prior experience in online advertising would be a big plus
- Lead a team of 5-10 Engineers and own complete development and designing of the algorithms and frameworks involved in it.
- Cultivate sustained innovation to deliver exceptional products to customers
- Provide project management, technical direction and guidance for all product development
- Ensure product requirements are properly documented and understood by all stake holders early in the development
- Ensure timely and top quality product delivery
- Ensure that the end product is fully and correctly defined and documented
- Ensure implementation/continuous improvement of formal processes to support product development activities
- Drive the architecture/design decisions needed to achieve cost-effective and high performance results
- Foster engineering’s “best practices” for the development of high-quality products
- Recruit, motivate and empower employees, assign and direct their activities.
Qualification and Skills Required:
- B.Tech /M.Tech / PHD in computer science/ statistics/mathematics with in-depth knowledge in data mining / machine learning / artificial intelligence / operational research with 10+ years of hands-on experience in this fields
- Need to have an understanding of Hadoop, Hive and/or MapReduce
- Being able to advice senior management in clear language about the implications of their work for the organization
- Being able to create examples, prototypes, demonstrations to help management better understand the work
- Good communication skills and enthusiasm to learn new technologies
- Machine learning: Research and implement data mining and machine learning algorithms
- Conceptual modeling: To be able to share and articulate modeling
- Statistical analysis: To understand and work around possible limitations in models
- Predictive modeling: Use R, Mahout, Vowel Wabbit towards being able to predict future outcomes
- Hypothesis testing: Being able to develop hypothesis and test them with careful experiments
Interested candidates can apply at this PAGE.