Research Scientist– Amazon, Bangalore (3+ years of experience)
Want to work on cutting edge analytics, which impacts the business immediately? Here is a chance to work in a role which requires you to design, build and implement innovative machine learning algorithms for the biggest eCommerce player – Amazon!
Designation – Research Scientist
Location – Bangalore
About employer – Amazon
- Research and implement machine learning and statistical techniques to create scalable and effective models in fraud detection systems
- Deep data analysis to solve business problems and to identify business opportunities in the areas of online goods transactions, Digital products, Kindle contents and application, Web Services and application, Marketplace.
- Design, development and evaluation of highly innovative machine learning models for big data.
- Analyzing and understanding large amounts of Amazon’s historical business data to detect patterns, to analyze trends and to identify correlations and causalities
- Working closely with software engineering teams to drive real-time model implementations and new feature creations
- Working closely with Operation teams to optimize operation cost and efficiency.
- Establishing scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation
- Tracking critical business activities and providing clear, compelling management reports on a regular basis
Qualification and Skills Required:
- MS in Computer Science, Statistics, Operational Research or in a highly quantitative field
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in predictive modeling and large data analysis
- 3+ years SAS/R/Matlab and/or SQL/Hive/Pig experience
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- A Ph.D. in Computer Science, Statistics, Operational Research or in a highly quantitative field
- 3+ years of industry experience in predictive modeling and large data analysis
- Strong SAS and/or R skills
- Good familiarity with Perl, Python (or similar scripting language) and Java/C++
- Familiarity with Hadoop/MapReduce
Interested candidates can apply for this job at this PAGE.