Senior Analyst – VMware, Bangalore (5+ years of experience)
Are you a BI professional looking for the next challenge in your career? Can you Create, implement and maintain pre-defined scheduled reports, and provide analytical insights flawlessly? If yes, have a look the details below.
Designation – Senior Analyst – EMEA Marketing Reporting
Location – Bangalore
About employer – VMware
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
With 2013 revenues of $5.21 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, 55,000 partners, and 14,000+ employees in 50+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our employees who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Want to be part of a compassionate community that thrives on architecting what’s next in IT?
The Marketing BI Analyst will play a key analytical role in the EMEA Marketing Operations team. Will be responsible for generating, maintaining, supporting and independently executing adhoc and pre-defined reports, accurate tracking of weekly KPIs, as-well as providing analytical insights as required. Should pose clear understanding of Marketing/Sales Operations processes and data flow between corporate systems. Both analytical and data management skills will be required in order to successfully accomplish the position objectives. The ideal candidate will play a pivotal role in data analysis and reporting automation, with high level of attention to detail, advanced Excel skills and good knowledge of SQL programming language.
- Ensure on-time, accurate and consistent delivery
- Create, implement and maintain pre-defined scheduled reports, trending reports, and adhoc situation specific reports
- Operationalize reports as necessary (Marketing performance, pipeline management, forecasting).
- Provide analytics to identify changes or highlight outlier issues that can be resolved through project management or procedure changes
- Performing analysis to validate the accuracy of data being reported and providing trend/early-warning analysis.
- Applying analytical skills to evaluate and interpret problems using multiple sources of information.
- Automatize current internal reports and dashboards
Qualification and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of marketing/business operations and analytics experience, preferably in B-to-B high technology. Understanding of marketing processes – campaigns, leads, database marketing, etc – highly desirable.
- Must have strong data analysis skills, with the ability to run SQL queries and perform cross-tabulation analysis.
- Intermediate to advanced SQL knowledge.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with a strong ability to collaborate and influence across organizations.
- Project management and organizational skills. Ability to handle several projects in a demanding multi-tasking environment, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Self-starter who proactively works towards meeting reporting demand, independently looks for new and better ways of doing things, learns new tools and systems without much guidance. Exhibits a sense of ownership to produce quality work with accuracy.
- Must have a working knowledge of Excel, Access and other Microsoft Office products.
- Must have enough technical expertise to work without ongoing assistance from IT; including working experience in SQL, experience working in Oracle databases is desired. Experience with BI tools, Salesforce.com, Eloqua and Omniture a plus.
- Working knowledge of Oracle OBIEE highly desirable.
Interested candidates can apply for this job at this PAGE.