Want to work in a place where consumer insights are reshaping how businesses make decisions? Can you analyze large volumes of transaction and customer data to generate insights and actionable recommendations? If so, this may be the right job for you.
Designation – Sr. Analyst, Advanced Analytics
Location – Gurgaon
About employer – MasterCard
MasterCard (NYSE: MA), www.mastercard.com is a technology company in the global payments industry. We operate the world’s fastest payments processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories. MasterCard’s products and solutions make everyday commerce activities – such as shopping, traveling, running a business and managing finances – easier, more secure and more efficient for everyone. We are leading the way toward a world beyond cash with the power to expand connectivity, opportunity, and prosperity for individuals, businesses, and communities.
MasterCard Advisors is the professional services arm of MasterCard Worldwide and, since 1997, has been at the forefront of MasterCard’s differentiation, innovation and success.
Advanced Analytics (AA) is charged with generating data driven analytical solutions which include; predictive models, behavioral segmentation frameworks, campaign success measurement, profitability analyses, ad hoc reporting and data visualizations. We leverage over 10 petabytes of transaction data (2+ billion cards, 36+ million merchant locations, 210 countries/territories generating over 80 billion transactions per year).
The Predictive Analytics Team within the AA organization leverages anonymous transaction data, 3rd party data (including social media, weather data, etc.), big data analytics and quantitative methods for experimental design, statistical testing, propensity modeling, marketing modeling, credit risk modeling, and forecasting.
- Analyze large volumes of transaction and customer data to generate insights and actionable recommendations to drive business growth.
- Research and augment external data sources using open source software (Hadoop, Hive etc.) to deliver innovative solutions and products
- Build behavioral scorecards for target marketing and risk management solutions using econometric and statistical modeling techniques
- Create highly predictive models using segmentation and regression techniques to drive profits
- Apply knowledge of metrics, measurements, and benchmarking to complex and demanding solutions across multiple industry verticals
- Generate key hypotheses and independently structure work at the work stream or project level
- Set the department standards for data driven insights and advanced analytics solutions using tools such as SAS, SQL, R, Python, Hive, and Impala in environments supported by Hadoop and Netezza.
- Synthesize analyses into clear, sound recommendations; take responsibility for structuring and writing reports and client ready presentations from a work stream or project level.
- Collect and synthesize feedback from clients, project delivery analysts, and sales teams for new solutions or product enhancements. Provide design specifications, functional and technical requirements for development of new products and solutions.
- Review analytics end-products to ensure accuracy, quality and timeliness.
- Proactively seek new knowledge and structures project work to facilitate the capture of Intellectual Capital with minimal oversight
- Develop effective working relationships with local and global teams including business partners
- If necessary, travel to client sites in India or international locations to deliver analytics projects by collaborating with global teams and clients
Qualification and Skills Required:
- Master degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Finance, or related quantitative discipline with an emphasis on analytics and business applications is required. Ph.D. preferred.
- 3-8 years hands on work experience
- Experience with predictive analytics, incl.: multivariate and time series analysis, machine learning techniques
- Experience with Hadoop, Python, Hive, Impala, SQL, SAS
- Experience with tools such Mahout and Rhipe a plus
- Experience with PC and UNIX environments
- Experience in the Financial Services industry a plus
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Research and development of quantitative based solutions to support business partners and stakeholders
- Creatively develop & synthesize insights into actions
- Data mining, model development, time series analysis, forecasting
- Segmentation, CHAID and Decision Tree Algorithms, and Cluster analysis
- Data reduction, including principal component analysis and factor analysis
- Ability to quickly pick up new tools, technologies, and methodologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Aptitude in displaying and communicating data analysis
- Demonstrate active listening
- Team Contribution and Engagement Management
- High energy level; flexible, adaptive and inquisitive
- Valued team contributor and team player who also works well independently
- Well planned, organized & structured to manage time & work effectively
- Uses coaching & development effectively
Interested candidates can apply for this job at this PAGE.