Can you perform advanced statistical analyses that help detect consumer behavioural patterns and translate findings into business actions? Can you leverage state-of-the-art data mining tools and modelling techniques to solve business problems? If this sounds interesting, have a look at the details below.
Designation – Sr Analyst, Customer Analytics
Location – Bangalore
About employer – Western Union
With a 160-year history of connecting people when it matters most, Western Union continues to shape the world in which we live. Western Union offers one of the easiest ways for families and friends to send money and stay connected almost anywhere in the world. It all comes down to the relationships we’ve established over many years. We take pride in being close to our consumers. Together with our Agents, we speak our consumers’ languages and live in our consumers’ neighbourhoods. And we share our consumers’ cultures. We are a significant part of each other’s lives. As a result, our Agents and employees are more like ambassadors. They are ambassadors of trust. Ambassadors of responsibility and ambassadors of hope. They are the living, breathing manifestation of who we are as a company and reflect the Western Union behaviours: Inspired. Connected. Driven. Game-Changer. Responsible. EOE/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
- Improve strategic decisions through advanced data-mining and analytics.
- Champion data driven insights on customer behaviour.
- Create segmentation schemes to help improve customer acquisition, retention and loyalty. Identify market opportunities.
- Perform advanced statistical analyses that help detect consumer behavioural patterns and translate findings into business actions that ultimately lead to improved financial results.
- Develop, maintain and enhance statistical models to help drive profitable actions
- Leverage state-of-the-art data mining tools and modelling techniques to solve business problems
- Conceptualize modelling framework, define data requirements, create predictive variables, and coordinate model implementation with other business partners
- Create experimental designs to understand drivers of business performance
- Help to orchestrate multi-channel go-to-market programs
- Manage tactical segmentation schemes to improve customer acquisition, retention and loyalty
- Demonstrate leadership by successfully managing medium to large projects
Qualification and Skills Required:
- 2-5 years of experience in customer analytics, data mining and business analysis (preferably in financial services)
- Top-tier academic background – MS or MA in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or other related fields with emphasis in quantitative methods or MBA with a proven track record in using advanced quantitative and statistical technique to drive business solutions
- Excellent technical and analytical skills – expertise in multivariate statistical analysis including regression, regression tree, logistic regression, cluster analysis and ANOVA
- Knowledge of CHAID, CART or other data mining packages
- Proficiency in using a broad spectrum of consumer information databases as well as SAS and SQL
- Delivered projects to timescale and budget
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to appeal to a wide international audience
Interested candidates can apply for this job at this PAGE.