Want to be part of a company that defines the next frontier of IT architecture across the globe? Do you have hands-on experience with modeling and analysis? If your answer is yes without a doubt, have a look at the details below.
Designation – Sr. Business Analyst
Location – Bangalore
About employer – VMware
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
With 2013 revenues of $5.21 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, 55,000 partners, and 14,000+ employees in 50+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our employees who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community.
The Business Analyst should have a strong quantitative orientation, a broad knowledge of analytic methods, hands-on data analysis skills. This individual should experience in analytics projects for business improvements. This individual will be part of a team in the development, application and interpretation of analytics and drive process improvements across various functions such as sales, marketing, finance, operations. Part of this person’s responsibilities will include exploring, testing and validating new, advanced approaches and techniques. In addition, this position should be have good skills with structured data and analytical tools such as SAS, OBIEE, SQL, Excel.
- This individual will work on various analytics projects and initiatives that are leveraged across the enterprise
- This position will involve implementing business rules and policies to drive analytical solutions and work with business to execute
- Must be aware at all times of details involving the internal data model, data environment and data elements as these factors will always play an integral part in formulation of the analytic plan and interpretation of the results
- Work within the organization to access appropriate data
- Conduct appropriate outside data collection as required to build out analytic capability
- Help to establish new processes, methodologies and benchmarks as appropriate and identify, explore, test and validate new data sources, advanced techniques
- Articulate to business users the ramifications of modeling results drive and measure results of models implemented in business situations
Qualification and Skills Required:
- Advanced degree in mathematics, engineering and business, statistics, computer science, quantitative methods, or related quantitative field is preferred
- 3-6 years of experience in Analytics
- Black Belt/experience is preferred
- Work experience in technology oriented organizations, particularly in analytics teams, is highly desirable
- Experience with very large transactional dataset and experience with hands-on modeling, analysis, strategic thinking ability
- Excellent communication skills and detail orientation are imperatives
- Ability to communicate complex ideas verbally and through documentation
- Experience working in an onshore – offshore model with teams from different time zones and cultures
- Ability to work independently
Interested candidates can apply for this job at this PAGE.