Sr. Data Analyst – Western Union, Bangalore (4+ years of experience)
You might have heard that analytics has big role to play in preventing fraud and providing security. Here is a chance to experience it with a company across the globe. You need to have good experience in using statistical, mathematical, and predictive modeling skills with exposure to Big Data analysis.
Designation – Sr. Data Analyst
Location – Bangalore
About employer – Western Union
With a 160-year history of connecting people when it matters most, Western Union continues to shape the world in which we live. Western Union offers one of the easiest ways for families and friends to send money and stay connected almost anywhere in the world. It all comes down to the relationships we’ve established over many years. We take pride in being close to our consumers. Together with our Agents, we speak our consumers’ languages and live in our consumers’ neighbourhoods. And we share our consumers’ cultures. We are a significant part of each other’s lives. As a result, our Agents and employees are more like ambassadors. They are ambassadors of trust. Ambassadors of responsibility and ambassadors of hope. They are the living, breathing manifestation of who we are as a company and reflect the Western Union behaviours: Inspired. Connected. Driven. Game-Changer. Responsible. EOE/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
The position will use statistical, mathematical, and predictive modeling skills; use Business Intelligence tools to integrate data sets and work with multiple systems to extract and use data for deeper analysis; have the ability to use the Hadoop environment with Hive and MapReduce; have an understanding of and use skills for Statistical Analysis, Predictive Modeling, and Hypothesis Testing. The position will work closely with various WU teams to support risk mitigation initiatives and issues.
- Support fraud and risk team with Big Data platform, how to use it, testing hypothesis, answering key questions, creating reports
- Support fraud and risk team with building out Splunk dashboards
- Helping with data monitoring, data mining, data quality, Hadoop hive queries, and map reduce code development.
- Transforming client requests into data deliverables to include data models, data mappings and data transformation rules.
Qualification and Skills Required:
- At least an undergraduate degree in business or engineering
- 4 years of product or governance work experience, or equivalent
- Experience in online fraud risk mitigation
- Experience building and managing policy frameworks, process re-engineering and process documentation
- Experience with audit and operations
- Experience in writing database SQL/HQL queries
- Ability to effectively communicate business requirements
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks independently
Interested candidates can apply for this job at this PAGE.