Are you a pro in Hadoop and its usage to handle Big data? Do you have Java experience and can contribute to the architecture, engineering and custom development required of Hadoop offering for one of the leading banks? If the answer is Yes, check out this opening from Citi
Designation – Hadoop Engineer- Big Data Analytics
Location – Pune
About employer– Citi Bank
The CitiData – Big Data & Analytics Engineering Organization is actively recruiting for a Big Data Engineering Analyst. Candidates with prior hands-on experience of Hadoop ecosystem will be preferred. The candidate must have Java experience and will contribute to the architecture, engineering and custom development required of Hadoop offering within Citi Big Data Platform.
- Big Data Analytical Tools Engineering – install, validate, test, and package analytical tools on Red Hat Linux and Wintel platforms
- Publish and enforce Big Data Analytics Tools best practices, configuration recommendations, etc.
- Create and publish design documents, usage patterns, and cookbooks for user community
- Partner with Citi sectors to solution analytical needs to large scale data problems
- Perform security and compliance assessment for Big Data Analytical Tools
- Provide SME and Level 3 technical support
Qualification and Skills Required:
- Understanding of analytics concepts, model development and BI
- Knowledge of the Hadoop ecosystem – HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, etc.
- Experience developing Hadoop integrations for data ingestion, data mapping and data processing capabilities
- Experience with large scale ETL, BI or Analytical platforms
- Experience with installation, validation, testing, and packaging on Red Hat Linux and Wintel platforms
- Any experience in Hadoop (Cloudera preferred), ETL (Talend, AbInitio), MapReduce, Hive, Pig, HBase, Java, C++, Perl, or Python
- Any experience in analytical techniques such as time series analysis, regression analysis, or other
- Any experience with statistical analysis software, such as Weka, R, Rapid-Miner, Matlab, SAS, SPSS
- Any past experience with optimizing computing techniques i.e. parallel processing, grid computing etc.
- Good interpersonal with excellent communication skills
- Able to interact with client projects in cross-functional teams
- Good team player interested in sharing knowledge and shows interest in learning new technologies and products
Interested people can apply for this job at this page