Lead Engineer – Analytics– InMobi – Bangalore (5-10 years of Experience)
Designation – Data Scientist
Location – Bangalore
About employer– InMobi
InMobi’s Big Data Platform has been designed to scale to massive data volumes of order tens of TBs of data, hundreds of dimension and support real-time, ad-hoc and pre-canned analytics requirements in a holistic manner. Technology stack is based on Big Data/Hadoop and NoSQL systems. This team have been constantly innovating products, and actively participate in open source eco-system.
- Responsible for design, architecture and delivery for a feature or component/product with highest quality with high level directions from architects
- Constantly driving innovations in the platform to enable strong data warehousing, business intelligence and analytics capabilities
- Collaborates effectively with cross functional teams to deliver end-to-end products & features
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task and re-prioritize responsibilities based on changing requirements
- Estimates efforts, identify risks, devises and meets project schedules
- Runs review meetings effectively and drive the closure of all open issues on time
- Provide functional, design, and code reviews in related areas of expertise with-in team and cross-team.
- Mentors/coaches engineers to facilitate their development and provide technical leadership to them
- Rises above detail to see broader issues and implications for whole product/team.
Qualification and Skills Required:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent from a premier institute
- 5-10 years of strong software design/development experience in building massively large scale distributed systems around Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Analytics & Reporting.
- Strong hands-on experience in Business Intelligence, ETL, OLAP and Data-warehousing domains. Expertise in developing multi-dimensional data models/cubes, which enables analytic driven reporting. Hands-on expertise in Dimensional data modeling – star Schema and snowflake schema design
- Strong understanding of databases and SQL.
- Good experience in working with Hadoop and Big Data technologies like HDFS, Pig, Hive, HBase, Scribe, Zookeeper and NoSQL systems
- Excellent Java programming skills and expertise in multi-threading and performance oriented programming.
- Excellent computer fundamentals and problem solving skills
- Experience and knowledge of open source software, frameworks and broader cutting edge technologies around server side development in Java and Big Data
- Superior organization, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Must be a proven performer and team player that enjoy challenging assignments in a high-energy, fast growing and start-up workplace
- Must be a self-starter who can work well with minimal guidance and in fluid environment
- Provide good attention to details
- Must be excited by challenges surrounding the development of highly scalable & distributed system for building audience targeting capabilities
- Agility and ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements and scope and priorities
- Experience of online advertising domain
- Experience of working on massively large scale data systems in production environments
- Experience of building and managing large scale data pipelines
Interested people can apply for this job at this PAGE