Risk Manager– Amazon, Bangalore (4+ years of experience)
Do you want to join a team that uses cutting edge technology including machine learning and statistical modeling techniques, cloud computing services and highly available and scalable distributed systems that supports hundreds of millions of transactions across the globe? Amazon is looking for smart experienced analytic experts who can take leadership in managing risk management programs through advanced analytics including machine learning techniques as well as through policy and program management, have a look.
Designation – Risk Manager
Location – Bangalore
About employer – Amazon
In this role you will be responsible for preventing various types of customer and policy risk in countries including US, Europe, South America, China, Japan & India. You will have responsibility & ownership towards business goals and will achieve this through analytics, policy management as well as program management. Your role will be similar to a Portfolio Risk Manager for a financial institution. The directions for the risk management program will be owned by you and you will need to work with the retail business teams, operations team and engineering teams to achieve the P&L goals.
- Demonstrate through technical knowledge on Statistical modeling, Probability and Decision theory, Operations Research techniques and other quantitative modeling techniques
- Build, manage and achieve yearly and 3 year roadmaps for the programs that you own.
- Understand the business reality behind large sets of data and develop meaningful solutions comprising of analytics as well as policy management
- Work closely with internal stakeholders like the business teams, engineering teams and the operations team and align them with respect to your program/country
- Be one step ahead of the risky customers utilizing real time performance monitoring as well as detection engines
- Innovate by adapting new modeling techniques and procedures
Qualification and Skills Required:
- Masters required, PhD desired in either Statistics, Economics, Management OR Graduate in Industrial Engineering or Operations Research or Computer Science or a relevant quantitative discipline
- Over 4+ years of relevant experience in advanced analytics and predictive modeling across any domain or function
- At least 2+ years of hands-on experience in SAS
- Proven track record in understanding business problems and developing effective algorithms and solutions
- Ability to process large data sets from multiple data sources
- Experience in Predictive Analytical modeling such as regression, machine learning, or forecasting using time series or any other such techniques is preferred
- Strong analytical mindset with willingness to Innovate
- Ability to work closely with highly qualified professional as a team
- Familiarity in working with SQL
- Comfortable in working with multiple operating systems
- Display entrepreneurial spirit in working
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in fast paced environment with tight deadlines
- Willingness to Travel
- Prior experience in Big Data Technologies & Machine Learning algorithms
- Experience in coding languages like Perl, C, C++ or other similar languages
- Experience in MATLAB, R or any similar statistical engines
- Prior experience in a risk management business
- Prior experience in working with teams in China & Japan
Interested candidates can apply for this job at this PAGE.