Designation – Data Engineer
Location – Mumbai
About employer– WebEngage
Given the nature of the toolkit WebEngage is, we end up collecting a lot of data – anonymous as well as custom (e.g user info) passed by our customers (online businesses; mostly e-commerce). Our view of data is everything you can capture from user’s clickstream (think Google Analytics), to data that can track on-site user behaviour, to data that can help us measure the impact of using WebEngage on a website’s conversion. Here’s what your job would entail:
- Strategic analytical assessment – you’ll help us streamline our data acquisition and data mining efforts end-to-end.
- Building visualizations using descriptive and predictive modeling to deliver new insights to our customers.
- Quick development and prototyping with emphasis on machine learning, personalization capabilities, marketing insights and conversion analysis.
- Designing large scale models using regression techniques, linear models, hierarchical models, spatial models and most-importantly, time-series models.
- Build an enviable analytics and reporting engine that touches thousands of online businesses and millions of users transacting on their websites – every day. every minute.
- Contribute and give back to the open source frameworks. We rely heavily on open source frameworks. And, we give back to a whole bunch of them too – UrlRewriteFilter (we commit here), Solr (we used to contribute here), ResponseHeaderFilter (we commit here), AntWebTasks (we commit here) etc. We’d expect you to do the same.
Qualification and Skills Required
- Have an advanced degree in Maths, Advanced Statistics or Computer Science.
- Have experience designing algorithms on the Hadoop ecosystem and/or any other distributed data processing framework.
- Have a strong desire for empirical research so that you can answer some tough questions with data.
- Be experienced with the best developer tools and frameworks; also, we expect you to know what code review and version control mean.
- Be a nice human being to work with.
Interested people can apply for this job can mail their CV to [email protected] with subject as Data Engineer– WebEngage – Mumbai