Designation – Head Business Performance Analytics
Location – Bangalore
About employer– Ebay Inc
- Lead Analytics efforts for the team dedicated to Business Performance for eBay Marketplaces across NA, EU, APAC and Stub Hub within IAC
- Provide thought leadership on analyzing eBay business improvement opportunities across multiple business, marketing and product initiatives – as part of this, collaborate effectively with other domain leaders in IAC and globally to synthesize impact of various levers on business performance and share that knowledge back with those teams.
- Demonstrate strong operational focus and attention to short-term detail as when as long-term planning in order to manage smooth and scalable operation of a rapidly growing business performance analytics team.
- Refine business questions and develop recommendations by designing and executing analysis.
- Work with analyst teams and their respective managers to ensure high quality output: clearly-communicated action-oriented insights based on error-free analytics.
- Needs to work hands-on with data to guide analysts on producing great insights and zoom out and provide macro and strategic perspective to team when needed.
- Provide key team leadership for eBay’s analytics efforts in Bangalore as one of the top 4-5 leaders in a 100 member center.
- Work closely with Senior Director IAC to manage recruiting, training, and retention/engagement for the team and overall center.
- Coordinate with San Jose analytics and finance leaders as well as the corresponding leaders in various EU offices (London, Berlin, Switzerland) and APAC offices (Singapore, Sydney, Seoul) to drive the direction and business impact of the Business Performance Analytics teams at Bangalore.
Qualification and Skills Required
- (Knowledge, skills, abilities, experience required to perform job)
- Bachelors’ Degree required. MBA or Masters’ degree from a top program is a plus.
- Expert Excel, Access and PowerPoint skills, hands-on work experience with database query tools (SQL). Experience with Statistical techniques and tools (SAS, SPSS, R etc.) are not required but a plus.
- Candidates must have a proven track record of successful team leadership and thought leadership in different situations. Prior global work experience is a strong plus.
- 12+ years of experience in business, finance, consulting and analytics roles.
- Experience in client-facing analytics roles (e.g. strategy/management consulting) is critical to succeed in this role.
- Domain expertise in eCommerce and Financial Performance Analytics a plus but not required.
- Role will require traveling to US and EU/APAC 2-3 times a year to attend meeting or engaging with partners on key initiatives or decisions.
- Bachelors Degree Required
Interested people can apply for this job can mail their CV to email@example.com with subject as Head Business Performance Analytics – Ebay Inc –Bangalore