Designation – Information Analytics Research Data Scientist
Location – Chennai
About employer– Caterpillar
Information Analytics uses quantitative methods such as business simulations, data mining, and advanced statistical techniques to solve problems for internal Caterpillar customers. The Information Analytics Research Data Scientist serves as a consultant and company expert in information analytics, contributing his or her expertise to teams tasked with solving complex problems, assisting in the mentoring of information analysts, and initiating and completing multiple (2-3) independent analytic projects
- Use of advanced statistical methods knowledge to direct multi-analyst teams in the creation, validation, and application of statistical models
- Manage 2-3 research projects concurrently
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of Caterpillar Inc.; its products and services; its internal systems, processes, and procedures; and its relevant external influences (competitors, laws and regulations, market conditions, etc.) to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Serve as the principal communicator with clients about the status of their project and the solution developed
- Responsible for meeting customer expectations for the projects he or she is leading
- Strong planning and organization skills, excellent initiative, the ability to delegate tasks effectively, and well-honed interpersonal and leadership skills
- Expected to be active in external industry and analytics professional associations, and is encourage to develop his or her analytic reputation through conference presentations or research publications
- Excellent communicator
Qualification and Skills Required
- Applicants must have completed Ph.D. desirable (preferably in statistics, economics, mathematics, or a similar field with quantitative coursework; also consider Marketing Analytics, Business Analytics, Predictive Analytics, Business Intelligence, Business, Operations Research, Computational Science and Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Informatics, Applied Science, Quantitative & Computational Finance, Actuarial Science, or equivalent) and6-8 years of progressively responsible, professional experience utilizing quantitative analytics, or Master’s degree (in similar areas) with 13/15 years of professional experience utilizing quantitative analytics.
- Must be highly proficient with statistics package like SAS, R, SPSS, Minitab, Tableau, etc.
- 6-8 years analytics professional experience
- Demonstrated knowledge or aptitude of statistical, data mining or visualization tools
- Strong demonstrated leadership skills (previous team leadership is necessary)
- Program / project management skills are critical
- Strong technical and problem solving skills
- Superior accountability, decision-making, initiative, innovation and judgment
- Effectively communicate quantitative information
- Work well in team environment
Interested people can apply for this job at this PAGE