Designation – Research Scientist
Location – Bangalore
About employer– GE
As a Research Scientist in the Data Mining and Analytics, you will work on projects that will require you to invent, develop and prototype Text Mining and Information Retrieval solutions for diverse GE businesses such as GE Aviation, GE Transportation and GE Healthcare.
Qualification and Skills Required
- We are looking Research Scientists with demonstrated ability to apply Text Mining and general Information Retrieval technologies to solve applied business problems. Candidates should have 4+ years of relevant industry experience in developing solutions for business problems
- Candidates should hold an MTech or MS in Computer Science, with an excellent academic record and practical experience with recent advances in Web Search applications.
- The candidate should have a demonstrated strong foundation in Machine Learning Theory with a deep understanding of how it applies to the topics of Web Mining, Information Retrieval, and Semantic Web.
- Possessing strong Implementation and Programming Skills in Java is a must. Experience in developing software applications using latest web technologies such as JBoss, Spring, JQuery will be a definite plus. Familiarity with Python is desirable.
- Experience in developing solutions using open source software packages such as Lucene and Solr is highly desirable
- Proven ability to lead projects and willingness to learn new domains and work in multi-disciplinary global teams
- Prior experience working with very large datasets using Big Data tools and platforms (Hadoop, Pig, HIVE) is highly desirable.
- Experience in working with large text datasets
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Job Segments: Scientific, Research Scientist, Research, SAP, Engineer, Engineering, Science, Technology
Interested people can apply for this job at this PAGE