Designation – Specialist – Bigdata
Location – Bangalore
About employer– Sapient
Sapient Global Markets, a division of Sapient® (NASDAQ: SAPE), is a leading provider of services to today’s evolving financial and commodity markets. We provide a full range of capabilities to help our clients grow and enhance their businesses, create robust and transparent infrastructure, manage operating costs, and foster innovation throughout their organizations.
BigData architect will work within the Commodities space to provide functional support to the application development and application support groups. The developer will work closely with the application teams to enhance database stability and performance.
Qualification and Skills Required
- Experience in data technologies
- More than 2+ years of experience in Big Data application development
- Hands-on experience with the Hadoop stack (Hadoop MR, Hdfs, Pig, Hive, Hbase, Sqoop)
- Excellent knowledge of NoSQL platforms like MongoDb, Cassandra, Neo4j etc.
- Excellent knowledge of relational database technologies with experience on databases such as Oracle or SQL Server
- Awareness of MPP database technology with knowledge of one of MPP database such as Teradata, Netezza, Greenplum
- Excellent knowledge of any one of ETL tool such as Informatica, Datastage, Talend etc
- Expertise in Business Requirement gathering, Analysis & conceptualizing high-level architectural framework & Design
- Must have experience in designing and architecting solutions for green field projects
- Thorough understanding of Solution architecting & Estimation process
- Active involvement in thought leadership Best Practices development, Written White Papers and/or POVs on Big Data Technology
- Self-starter, with a keen interest in technology and highly motivated towards success
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, and analytical skills
- Nice to have knowledge of any one of BI tools such as Cognos, BO, Tableau, Qlikview
- Awareness of In Memory Databases such as SAP HANA
- Nice to have knowledge of machine learning algorithms used in analytics
- Business Knowledge: Domain experience on Big Data technologies would be a plus.
- 8+ years of experience
- Full Time Bachelor’s / Master’s degree (Science or Engineering preferred)
Interested people can apply for this job at this PAGE