Designation – Sr Analyst – BI
Location – Mumbai
About employer– Gid
- Understand data warehouse source data and its unique characteristics including frequency of updates, change data capture approaches, data quality issues, alternate sources, and original sources.
- Understand our upstream transactional and behavioral data systems and how they flow together to coalesce into a better understanding of our customer base.
- Communicate back to business partners where data sources need to evolve and appropriate work around.
- Execute analysis through SSAS
- Execute analysis through tools in a Hadoop distributed environment
- Build and deploy cubes using SSAS in an efficient, scalable, and repeatable manner checking in code into source control systems
- Model, organize and prepare data using RDBMS Tools (T-SQL, PL/SQL) as well as distributed programming frameworks (MapReduce, Cascading)
- Communication with a non-technical team. The person must be comfortable designing data cubes thinking across many dimensions. A business user needs to be able to share their request and the cube developer should work with data architect to get data if not already there and build data cubes. They should be able to communicate to business users how data cube is structured and the pros and cons of building additional dimensions or metrics.
- In depth understanding of the types of cube storage approaches and when to make appropriate trade offs.
- Document cube design in an easy to understand manner for other users.
- Create production grade ETL packages to populate datasets needed for cube building.
Qualification and Skills Required
- Proven experience in designing and building cubes using Microsoft’s Analysis Services preferably SSAS 2008r2.
- Strong understanding of multiple RDBMS systems – SQL Server, Oracle , Teradata, and MySQL
- Deep experience in Business Intelligence cube design approaches
- Proven experience building ETL packages from a variety of source systems.
- Attention to detail; ensures deliverables are of high quality
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently
- Good oral and written presentation skills
- SSAS, cube development with very large dataset, high data volume ETL experience. Good to have Big Data and BI integration knowledge/experience.
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of total work experience, with at least 2 years in cube design and building using Microsoft’s SSAS
- Experience in online or other direct marketing preferred.
- General programming competency and/or experience in a Hadoop Big Data environment a plus.
Interested people can apply for this job can mail their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject as Sr Analyst – BI – Gid – Mumbai