Location – Bangalore
About employer– Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services. The firm has continually broken new ground in advising both institutional and individual clients on strategic transactions in pioneering the global expansion of finance and capital markets, and in providing new opportunities for investors all over the world
- Be responsible for building the foundation for the Analytic Center, a scalable platform designed to aggregate, compute and analyze large volumes to data and provide insights to the business and technology stakeholders
- Be responsible for performing complex data manipulation and analytics, while working with business functions to identify and to respond to complex technical and business problems.
- Be challenged with developing innovative solutions for parallelizing and optimizing analytical algorithms
- Be part of a team of talented data scientists, analysts, developers and engineers and administrators adhering to the organization’s software development standards.
- Use big data fabric technologies to acquire, transform, and provision complex findings using visualization tools.
- Maintain high standard of quality and adhere to best coding practices.
Qualification and Skills Required
- Strong foundation for compute architecture, parallel processing and data engineering
- Deep proficiency and a strong track record in Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Python, and other supporting technologies and frameworks.
- 5 yrs. of Object Oriented design & development, web application architecture and development experience.
- Strong proficiency in Linux/Unix tools and scripting (Perl, ksh/bash and Autosys).
- Experience in building solutions with SQL and NoSQL systems.
- Successful track record building successful data products that leverage large datasets.
- Familiarity with mathematical and statistical model generation using tools such as R, SAS etc.
- Familiarity with machine learning and NLP tools.
- Understanding of the SDLC, good practices and experience with different development and change management tools.
- Experience working with any RDBMS and integration with application.
- Bachelors or advanced degree in an analytical or scientific field such as mathematics, statistics, computer science etc.
- Prior experience working in finance industry is preferred
Interested people can apply for this job can mail their CV to [email protected] with subject as Data Science Engineer – Morgan Stanley – Bangalore