Designation – Manager Data Engineering
Location – Bangalore
About employer– Amazon
- Delivering reporting and analytics solution by owning data design, data extracts and transforms.
- Leading a team of data engineers who are responsible for developing data engineering solutions (Data model design and development, ETL development as well as reporting and analytical solutions): The individual is expected to guide the team to build efficient, flexible, extensible, and scalable ETL and reporting solutions which can provide access to large datasets. The candidate must be familiar with all of the data warehousing technical components (e.g. ETL, Reporting, and Data Model), infrastructure (e.g. hardware and software) and their integration.
- Delivery of overall architecture and high level design: The candidate must have extensive experience with Star Schemas, Dimensional Models, and Datamarts. You will apply broad knowledge of technology options, technology platforms, and design techniques and approaches to design an integrated, quality solution to address business requirements. You will also own development and operational support plans.
- Interfacing with a diverse set of customers (Program Managers, Retail business stakeholders, and Senior management) on business objectives, prioritizing projects and feature sets, gathering requirements and delivering complete reporting solutions: The individual should have prior experience in working with stakeholders to understand customer needs, prioritize requirements, and envision reporting and data engineering solutions.
Qualification and Skills Required
- Masters or Bachelors in Computer Science or a related field.
- 8+ years of experience with relevant technologies and enterprise class systems implementations, such as large data warehouse, ETL, BI Application/Stack.
- Strong data modelling skills and excellent knowledge of Oracle SQL, Linux. Data Analytics experience in managing large amounts of data and analysing trends.
- 2+ years’ experience managing an Analytics or Data Engineering team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Amazon Redshift or other distributed computing technology.
- Experience with OBIEE 10g and/or 11g.
- Proven record of attracting, retaining and growing exceptional Business Intelligence professionals.
- Retail, ecommerce or high tech experience is a plus
Interested people can apply for this job can mail their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject as Manager Data Engineering – Amazon – Chennai