Designation – Principal Engineer Biometrics Research
Location – Bangalore
About employer– Tyco
In this role, you will lead efforts to research, develop algorithms and software for computer vision, video/image processing, pattern detection and machine learning and data mining. You will research advanced concepts, experiment, innovate, and propose cost effective solutions in the critical technologies areas. You will collaborate with researchers with-in Tyco as well as with universities. You will support in developing prototype demonstrations of advanced concepts and contribute to intellectual property and internal research publication which promote knowledge sharing with-in Tyco research community and align research directions.
- Come up with innovative technology concepts
- Setup and conduct experiments to determine technology feasibility
- Build prototypes to demonstrate technology solutions and technology integration
- Collaborate with local University/technology partners
Qualification and Skills Required
- PhD with 8+ years of demonstrated experience or MS degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent with 10 or more years of industry experience or a in research and development of biometrics signal processing, video/image processing, computer vision, machine learning and pattern recognition.
- Demonstrated success in solving complex problems in at-least two or more areas of a) and b) as below
- Biometrics signal processing (face or iris/particular or vein pattern recognition), video/image processing or computer vision,
- Machine learning, pattern recognition, data mining of high volume and large dimension data.
- Proven ability to rapidly prototype solutions in languages like C++ or Java
- Strong math background and quick learning ability
- Expert knowledge of tools such as Matlab or Open CV and R, Weka
- Ability to design efficient algorithms for distributed and parallel computing architectures (GPU/CUDA)
- Experience with Linux/ Windows application development
- Familiarity with relational databases, SQL and experience working with distributed computing tools is a plus (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Multitasking ability.
Interested people can apply for this job can mail their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject as Principal Engineer Biometrics Research – Tyco – Bangalore