Designation – Principal ETL Engineer
Location – Pune
About employer– Symantec
- Design and develop data warehouse solutions, including design, development, and implementation of the data integration / ETL processes.
- Be a subject matter expert and provide consultation to business partners such as analysts, management, end users, and developers to clarify requirements, determine scope / estimates, drive design discussions, code reviews, and performance tuning.
- Self-starter and willingness to take the initiative and comfortable in a fast paced environment
Qualification and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field with 5+ years of hands-on DW/BI development as an individual contributor, ideally with large-scale database /analytics environment.
- Experience in designing / developing large scale data integration preferably on MPP platforms.
- Familiar with data movement techniques and best practices to handle large volume of data. Extensive ETL development experience, preferably using Informatica or Ab Initio.
- Teradata expertise is a must; Extensive knowledge of SQL and performance tuning techniques.
- Familiar with data warehousing architecture and data modeling best practices.
- Knowledge of Unix and shell scripting is highly preferred.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Knowledge of Hadoop, HBase and Hive is preferred.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile methodology is preferred.
Interested people can apply for this job can mail their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject as Principal ETL Engineer – Symantec – Pune