Designation – Senior Engineer – Big Data / Hadoop
Location – Gurgaon
About employer– American Express
Qualification and Skills Required
- 6+ years of software development experience
- Demonstrated experience leading teams of engineers. Looks proactively beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities
- Demonstrated experience with object-oriented design and coding with variety of languages Java, J2EE, Big Data Components/ Frameworks (Hadoop, HBase, MapReduce, HDFS, Pig, Hive, Sqoop, Flume, Ozie, Avro etc) and other AJAX tools/ Frameworks.
- Experience with SOLR, Lucene, Elastic Search, PMML, Talend Big Data Studio, Memcached, MongoDB, or Graph databases is desirable
- Familiar with Agile or other rapid application development methods. Experience with design and coding across one or more platforms and languages as appropriate
- Strong in Java / Java EE. Knowledge of C/C++ is preferred. Knowledge of Perl / Python scripting languages
- Hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing. Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges, and articulate solutions.
- Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/under-defined problems.
- Ability to enable business capabilities through innovation
- High energy, demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies, and takes pride in how fast they develop working software.
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases. Demonstrated experience with object-oriented design and coding with variety of languages
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience, is preferred.
Interested people can apply for this job can mail their CV to [email protected] with subject as Senior Engineer – Big Data / Hadoop – American Express – Gurgaon