Designation – Sr Data Analyst
Location – Delhi /NCR
About employer– Serco
The Data Analyst will conducts studies, gathers and analyzes data from various databases and sources, develops reports, summaries, recommendations, and visual representations, performs statistical programming, develops and/or maintains databases and provides consultation and technical assistance.
Qualification and Skills Required
- 3+ years hands on experience in data analysis.
- Advanced technical skill including SQL, PL/SQL.
- Understanding of emerging data persistence and processing paradigms, including Hadoop and other NoSQL databases.
- Experience working with Hadoop and MapReduce development, using Pig and Hive.
- Experience working with NoSQL database systems such as Hbase/Cassandra/Mongodb.
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities, with sound understanding of data warehousing and ETL processing; in both traditional relational systems and present day big-data methodologies.
- Use software development and database ETL techniques to manipulate raw data using a combination of Map/Reduce, Pig, Hive, Hue, Python, etc. in order to cleanse and prepare data sets for advanced analytics.
- Design and develop new models and algorithms providing advanced analytics to guide decisions.
- Ensure solutions are scalable, repeatable, effective, and meet the expectations of stakeholders.
- 5-7 years of experience in analytics and/or marketing analytics. Experience in B2C or retail, ecommerce is preferred.
- Expert in advanced analytics techniques coupled with the ability to form hypotheses and draw meaningful business insights.
- Expertise in working with data platforms including large scale data: SQL, Hadoop, PL/SQL, Pig, Hive.
- Experience with analysis and optimization across marketing channels such as Digital Marketing (SEO/SEM, Display, Affiliates, Social Media), Direct Marketing (EMail, SMS), online (website) properties, CRM (eg. Salesforece.com), and marketing automation tools
- Experience with web analytics tools such as Google Analytics, or CoreMetrics or Omniture
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau, Business Objects, MicroStrategy, Cognos, etc. with experience in writing and tuning SQL queries in an online or offline environment.
- The role includes importing, cleaning, transforming, validating or modeling data with the purpose of understanding or making conclusions from the data for decision making purposes.
- Presenting data in charts, graphs, tables, designing and developing relational databases for collecting data
- Building or designing data input or data collection screens.
- Write Data Definition Language or Data Manipulation Language SQL commands, be responsible for improving data quality and for designing or presenting conclusions gained from analyzing data using statistical tools like Microsoft Excel, R, SPSS and others
Interested people can apply for this job can mail their CV to [email protected] with subject as Sr Data Analyst – Serco– Delhi /NCR