Designation – Analytic Consulting – Lead Consultant
Location – Bangalore
About employer– FICO
- Lead a team of analytical analysts by providing mentorship and future direction for the team in the Analytic space
- Design and development of scorecards / decision support models including Basel II and Marketing models for major banks, retailers, credit card issuers and other lenders in the region.
- Responsibility for consultation with customers in relation to scorecard design and implementation.
- Delivery and maintenance of design specifications and project documentation
- Provide general consultancy to support customers in their on-going use of credit scores and their generation and interpretation of scorecard monitoring reports.
- Work on a number of different projects simultaneously, of varying complexity and length. Establishing priorities and coordinating work
- Using appropriate software to carry out scorecard development, statistical analysis and ad-hoc analysis
- Appropriate management of time and resources
- Proactively manage efforts to maximize Fair Isaac revenue, maintain client satisfaction, and quantify project benefits delivered.
- Supporting the sales team with business development, client liaison and technical sales support
- Proven Project Management ability of leading projects within budgets
- Anticipates major project challenges; proactively leads project team and clients
- Proactive & responsive leading client towards key decisions that lead to project success
- Strong command of business language; communicates persuasively and effectively
Qualification and Skills Required
- Financial services industry knowledge
- Experience of delivering a variety of optimisation / decision / predictive modelling projects across a various decision areas and industries
- MS or Ph.D. in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering or similar technical field, or equivalent professional experience beyond the Bachelors degree.
- Deep experience with various modeling methodologies in a development or research role, including developing scoring algorithms is required.
- Basel II Model Building experience is desired, and exposure to Optimization will be highly valued.
- Course work in probability, statistics and quantitative methods is a must, including at least one semester of an applied statistics class.
- 5+ years of Project Management or equivalent client focused delivery experience.
- Previous (front-office) Banking Experience with a major bank in the APAC region
- Minimum 8 years of related work experience with at least 5 years building risk models/scorecards or 7 years building other models.
- At least 2 years leading a team of analytical analysts
- First class English language skills is essential
RELEVANT SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Scoring technology and methodologies at a deep level;
- Hands on Experience in Basel II Methodologies for Retail and preferably Corporate Models (PD, LGD, EAD/CCF)
- Exposure to Economic Stress-Testing of Capital requirements
- Optimization exposure would be a plus
- SAS/SPSS, Java or similar object oriented programming language;
- Model development techniques and tools such as SAS, FICO Model Builder;
- Advanced statistical methods and quantitative analysis;
- Statistical tools and programs.
- Quantify, define, and specify the logical steps to produce a general objective or goal;
- Recognize inefficient or ineffective procedures and take steps to improve;
- Improvise and modify existing procedures and tools to fit new, non-standard situations;
- Communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing with persons having diverse backgrounds of knowledge and experience;
- teach complex concepts and explain technical material to non-technical personnel;
- Adjust to a fluctuating workload; juggle priorities and withstand pressure of deadlines and operating problems;
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with people at all levels of FICO and client organization.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Absolute dedication to customer satisfaction.
- Self starter; given lack of clearly defined processes and solution oriented.
Interested people can apply for this job at this PAGE