Designation – Data Architect
Location – Bangalore
About employer– BT
- Responsible for data architecture for both the DSS relational and big data platform. This includes:-
- Data Architecture vision and roadmap
- Data Modelling
- Data Governance
- Metadata management
- Data design strategy
- Provide design authority/governance, assuring both logical and physical designs against the DSS architecture and design principles and ensuring standards are being followed.
- Provide logical and physical data design guidance to the platform designers and component developers.
- Tool selection to support data architecture
- Ensures compliance with information Security, Sharing & Retention Policies
- Ensure the BT SDK strategy is being followed.
Qualification and Skills Required
- Degree (ideally in computer science or related field) or suitable equivalent experience.
- 3 – 5 years of experience in design and development in the IT industry.
- Data Warehousing and / or big data, especially in the telecom industry, is highly desirable.
- Experience of working in at an enterprise level and in a complex / high volume environment.
- A thorough understanding of logical, physical and enterprise modelling.
- Hands on experience converting logical designs in to physical implementations.
- A solid understanding of the Inmon and Kimball data warehousing as well as non-relational techniques.
- Knowledge of data warehousing techniques such as performance optimisation, data re-use, indexing, partitioning, Star transforms, aggregations, OLAP, etc.
- A good understanding of data governance processes in order to manage data as an asset on behalf of BT decision support.
- Knowledge of metadata strategies to provide capabilities to maximise the value of relational and non-relational assets
- Data modelling using ERD tools or the use of a modelling language such as UML.
- Proven analytical & problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills and a team player.
- Ability to quickly gather requirements, explore multiple approaches and suggest optimal solutions.
- Knowledge of Data Quality and Data Profiling.
- Ability to work unassisted and in distributed matrix team environment.
- Exposure to the Oracle database products, big data / Hadoop platform and telecom applications is highly desirable.
- Experience conducting design reviews as part of a governance process.
- Knowledge of the Erwin data modelling tool.
- Excellent listening skills, writing skills & oral communication skills
- Good Negotiation skills
- Conflict resolution skills.
Interested people can apply for this job can mail their CV to email@example.com with subject as Data Architect – BT – Bangalore