Location – Bangalore
About employer– Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
- Develop the foundation for the Analytic Center, a scalable platform designed to aggregate, compute and analyze large volumes to data and provide insights to the business and technology stakeholders.
- Drive the adoption of the Analytic Center across business lines, by delivering direct business value
- Be accountable for the operation of the Analytic Center foundation in support of business applications
- Contribute to the reference architecture of data science platform.
- Contribute to the operational model for data science processes
- Develop innovative solutions for parallelizing and optimizing analytical algorithms.
- Mentor a team of talented data scientists, analysts, developers and engineers and administrators adhering to the firm’s software development standards
- Grow the Advanced Analytics practice area by attracting diverse talent and developing world class data science engineers and analysts
Qualification and Skills Required
- Strong foundation for compute architecture, parallel processing and data engineering
- Proven track record of delivering business value through innovative solutions
- Industry and peer recognition in the field of data and analytics. International recognition preferred.
- Proven track record of communicating and delivering value to the C-suite of enterprise
- Sophisticated understanding of statistical analysis and applied mathematics, experience with statistical and predictive modeling analysis tools such as R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc. preferred
- Hands on experience developing in Python, Hive, Pig and architecting Hadoop ecosystems.
- Experience with RDBMS and SQL, and information modeling.
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, actionable manner.
- Successful experience driving projects to completion with minimal guidance and ability to integrate tightly with various business and operations functions internally.
- Track record of success in on or more of these areas: machine learning, big data architecture, predictive analysis, NLP (Natural Language Processing).
- BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or other technical field from a Tier 1 college in IN or internationally (MS in Stats, Math, CS or MBA in Finance, after a BS in related technical field preferred).
- Understanding of the SDLC, good practices and experience with different development and change management tools
- Proficiency in Linux/Unix tools and scripting (Perl, ksh/bash and Autosys) Experience with SQL and NoSQL systems
Interested people can apply for this job can mail their CV to [email protected] with subject as Executive Director – Data Science / Analytic COE Lead – Morgan Stanley – Bangalore