About employer– Altiscale
- Lead testing strategy efforts for all our services, including helping developers come up with an overall testing methodology for our systems
- Lead test automation efforts for all services including selection, design and implementation of test frameworks and tools
- Promote, solicit and instruct others on good quality and coding practices and standards through mentoring and group presentations
- Represent QE in discussions with development and product groups
- Write smoke, functional, integration, load and regression automated tests against web services APIs (REST)
- Collaborate with the engineering team to fully test the entire product offering, integration points and user interfaces
- Collaborate with development engineers to build, evolve and maintain a scalable continuous build and deployment pipeline
- Use Quality and Testing experience to identify test gaps and opportunities to expand our test case coverage.
- Constantly monitor production issues and explore ways to avoid them by tightening the automated tests.
- As new versions of software components get released, identify opportunities to automate testing new features and testing compatibility and implement them.
Qualification and Skills Required
- 7+ years of Test experience as a developer and team leader
- 5+ years of Test Automation experience
- Hands-on in test automation
- Strong Understanding of XML, Json, and REST and demonstrated experience with web services APIs.
- Demonstrated experience in using command-line networking tools such as CURL.
- Leadership experience with a focus on QA Processes and Methodologies
- Previous experience with Continuous Integration or Continuous Delivery
- Practical experience with Linux, such as Red Hat or Ubuntu, including Unix shell scripting
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of web protocols and systems
- Sound knowledge of data networks and their management.
- Experience with geographically dispersed teams.
- Experience working within an Agile development process (Scrum, XP, Kanban etc.) from the test design, test automation and execution perspective
- Understanding and experience with Big Data infrastructure such as Hadoop, Pig, Hive, and HBase
- Deep understanding and experience with Linux, virtual machines, and open source tools/platforms
- Experience building large-scale distributed applications and services.
- Sound knowledge of SQL & No-SQL databases.
- Experience in using Amazon Web Services, especially EC2, S3 and RDS.
Interested people can apply for this job can mail their CV to [email protected] with subject as Lead- Hadoop Test – Altiscale – Chennai