Designation – Product Specialist – Hadoop Ecosystem
Location – Hyderabad
About employer– MapR
MapR Technologies provides the leading distribution for Hadoop. MapR’s Hadoop stack combines optimized versions of open source technologies including Apache HBase, Hive, Pig, and MapReduce, an enterprise-grade NoSQL solution in M7, a powerful data management layer and enterprise reliability features to power companies’ Big Data analytical needs. Founded in 2009, MapR is well funded by leading VCs, already has substantial revenue and carries an enviable customer base that includes leading Fortune 100 companies as well as top technology companies.
MapR is experiencing an explosive growth and is recognized as the premier Hadoop Distribution by delivering on the promise of an enterprise grade Big Data platform. MapR supports a broad set of mission critical and real time production uses by improving on the core Hadoop distribution.
- Become an ‘expert’ on one or more MapR products/technologies. Be the ‘power user’ of the product, and must exhibit a profound understanding of the products in terms of both how they are used, and how they function internally.
- Continually learn, staying up to date on the assigned products, as well as any related technologies. Work with Engineering as products is developed, staying current with key design decisions.
- The technical advisor for all questions that arise from all the customer facing organizations on the products.
- Expert handling of escalations and complex issues, able to reproduce and/or recommend potential workaround to customers.
- Be an expert to represent the customer at all Product Management meetings, provide data to Engineering as captured from customer workflows and workloads.
- Give guidance and best practice to the rest of the team on assigned products? through written materials, presentations, and other media as required.
- Defining the scalability and performance benchmarks for assigned products.
Qualification and Skills Required
- 7+ years of industry experience is required.
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystem (MapReduce, YARN, HBase, Hive, Pig, ZooKeeper etc) is a must.
- Must be able to understand and troubleshoot the code in Java.
- Excellent understanding of various debugging and performance monitoring tools is required.
- Strong critical thinking and exceptional problem solving skills in large-scale distributed computing.
- Advance knowledge on Hadoop ecosystem API and configuration is preferred.
- Motivated self-starter, with a high capacity for rapid learning and meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
Interested people can apply for this job can mail their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject as Product Specialist – Hadoop Ecosystem – MapR – Hyderabad