Location – Gurgaon
About employer– Sapient
Big Data Architect will work within the Capital Markets / Commodities / Financial space to Manage/Architect/Develop/Implement high end software products/services involving large scale data processing – data ingestion, in-stream analytics and batch analytics.
Qualification and Skills Required
- Expertise in Business Requirement gathering, Analysis & conceptualizing high-level architectural framework & Design
- Must have experience in designing and architecting large scale distributed applications
- Thorough understanding of Solution architecting & Estimation process
- Excellent consulting skills, oral and written communication, presentation, and analytical skills. Ability to drive various architecture and design calls with different stakeholders and lead everyone to the best possible solution.
- More than 4+ years of experience in Big Data application development involving various data processing techniques – Data Ingestion, In-Stream data processing, Batch Analytics, Data Persistence strategy (sharding & replication)
- More than 8+ years of experience designing, architecting Data Warehousing platforms
- Excellent knowledge, experience with the Hadoop stack (Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Hbase, Sqoop, Flume, Spark, Shark, Oozie, etc.).
- Solid exposure to NoSQL platforms like MongoDB & Cassandra
- Solid exposure to traditional Data Warehousing, MPP data stores and experience on at least-one data stores like Redshift, Vertica, SAP Hana.
- Must have skills on any one of BI tools such as Cognos, BO, Tableau, Qlikview
- Must have experience of working on various data integration tools like Talend, SSIS, Informatica for both ETL as well ELT processing.
- Excellent knowledge of relational database technologies with experience on databases such as Oracle or SQL Server.
- Active involvement in thought leadership Best Practices development, Written White Papers and/or POVs on Big Data Technology
- Self-starter, with a keen interest to grow in Analytics space
- Awareness of In Memory Databases such as SAP HANA
- Nice to have knowledge of data mining and machine learning algorithms used in analytics and tools like R, Python, Weka
- Stream processing, Text processing, NLP
- Business Knowledge: Financial services domain experiences would be a plus.
- Strong and innovative approach to problem solving and finding solutions
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal, formal and informal)
- Flexible and proactive/self-motivated working style with strong personal ownership of problem resolution
- Ability to multi-task under pressure and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize when under pressure
Interested people can apply for this job at this PAGE