Designation – Technology Analyst Big Data
Location – New Delhi
About employer– Confidential
- Lead development phase during implementation of world-class technology solutions to solve business problems across one or more client engagements;
- Provide input to senior solutions delivery analyst and delivery lead to build comprehensive implementation project plans;
- Provide input to senior solutions delivery analyst based on past experience and understanding of requirements to design a flexible and scalable solution;
- Apply appropriate development methodologies (e.g.: agile, waterfall) and best practices (e.g.: mid-development client reviews, embedded QA procedures, unit testing) to ensure successful and timely completion;
- Collaborate with other team members (involved in the requirements gathering, testing, roll-out and operations phases) to ensure seamless transitions.
Qualification and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s/master’s degree with specialization in Computer or IT or other computer related disciplines.
- Up to 2 years of relevant consulting-industry experience working on medium-large scale technology solution delivery engagements.
- Experience of working with Big Data and Hadoop File System (HDFS)
- Have hands on experience in writing MapReduce jobs in one of the following – Java, Pig, Impala and Python
- Strong knowledge of Hive/Impala and Hive/Impala analytical functions
- Capturing data from existing databases that provide SQL interfaces using Sqoop
- Good hands on experience of automation using Oozie
- Experience in working on Cloudera distribution is preferable
- Experience with development on AWS (Amazon web services) is preferable
- Excellent knowledge of NoSQL platforms Cassandra and Neo4j
- Knowledge and application of full text search engine library like Apache Lucene
- Hands-on experience with analytical tools, languages, or libraries (e.g. R, Mahout) will be an added Advantage
- Experience in coding in Java – preferable
- Experience in Linux/Unix scripting is preferable
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to articulate results and issues to internal and client teams
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Ability to work within a virtual global team environment and contribute to the overall timely delivery of multiple projects
- Willingness to travel to other global offices as needed to work with client or other internal project teams.
- Flair for coding and learning new domain is desirable
Interested people can apply for this job can mail their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject as Technology Analyst Big Data – New Delhi