Designation – Big Data Scientist
Location – Bangalore
About employer– HP
The primary role of Big Data Scientist will be to develop predictive systems, create efficient algorithms to draw intelligence from existing data. This individual will work closely with the Business Intelligence team to evaluate, design and implement statistical analyses of customer data to create analytic metrics and tools.
- Become a subject matter expert and trusted advisor in the analytics discipline
- Create algorithms to extract information from large data sets.
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for model development, model validation, model implementation and large scale data analysis.
- Develop metrics and prototypes that can be used to drive business decisions.
- Provide thought-leadership and dependable execution on diverse projects.
- Identify emergent trend and opportunities for future client growth and development
- Generate deep insights through the analysis of data and understanding of operational processes and turn them into actionable recommendations.
- Perform advanced quantitative and statistical analysis of large datasets to identify trends, patterns, and correlations that can be used to for taking business decisions
- Collaborate with others in the organization to develop new ideas and brainstorm potential solutions
Qualification and Skills Required
- Strong background in statistical concepts and calculations
- 5+ years’ experience with real data
- Innovative and strong analytical and algorithmic problem solvers.
- Proficiency with statistical analysis tools (e.g. R, SAS, SPSS)
- Extensive experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches (e.g. Bayesian Analysis, Reduced Dimensional Data Representations, and Multi-scale Feature Identification)
- Hands-on experience with a wide variety of predictive modeling, machine learning, data mining, statistical, text mining, and optimization algorithms
- Expert at data visualization and presentation.
- Experience with big data tools (e.g., Hadoop, Autonomy, Vertica, Haven)
- Excellent critical thinking skills, combined with the ability to present findings clearly and compellingly verbally and in written form.
- Business acumen
- Ability to influence and become a trusted advisor
- Translates technical details, observations and results into business language
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Able to effectively navigate an occasionally ambiguous, semi-structured work environment
- Can work both independently and collaboratively
Interested people can apply for this job at this PAGE