Location – Bangalore
About employer– Western union
The Decision Scientist will be part of the Decision Sciences team responsible for managing fraud losses while optimizing revenue opportunities on online Western Union transactions. In this role you will use your analytical skills to develop and maintain a suite of risk models and rules to ensure our customers, as well as Western Union, are protected against fraud.
- Develop real time and batch risk models to screen online transactions and stop fraudulent ones
- Continuously tracking and evaluating of the effectiveness of risk models and rules
- Document and communicate model results and insights to senior staff in Risk Management.
- Analyze online transaction activity to identify loss reduction opportunities and devise actionable plans to exploit such opportunities
- Profile customer behavior to identify opportunities to enhance model/rule performance
- Conduct ad-hoc data analysis in response to internal and external analytic requests.
Qualification and Skills Required
- Master’s degree in quantitative related field (Statistics, Math, Operations Research etc) required.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills to convey fraud insight
- Ability to analyze problems and produce justification to enhance fraud decisions.
- SQL programming experience desired.
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis tools like SAS, R, Matlab etc
- Working knowledge in developing predictive models like logistic regression, decision tree etc and machine learning techniques desirable.
Interested people can apply for this job at this PAGE