Principal Engineer – Data/Analytics – Tyco – Bangalore (2 -12+years of experience)
Designation – Principal Engineer – Data/Analytics
Location – Bangalore
About employer– Tyco
The engineer will be a key player in determining the technical direction for the highly scalable data services platform which include application code development, middleware development, database design, web services development, and associated cloud services
- Define the technical implementation of the system architecture and business strategy for the data services platform. 20%
- Lead the development of application features from collaboration on requirements definition, feature design, coding, testing, and deployment to Level 3 support. 55%
- Reviews developmental frameworks, coding standards, conducts code reviews and walkthroughs, and conducts in-depth design reviews. 10%
- Interfaces with Product Management, Project Management, Software Development, Firmware Development, and Quality Assurance to ensure that a high quality product is delivered which meets or exceeds all published guidelines 5%
- Mentors, Coaches junior, senior and principal engineers to ensure that each of their deliverables and behaviors mirror software developmental excellence 10 %
Qualification and Skills Required
- Enterprise Operations / Architecture must have spent at least 12+ years developing large-scale, enterprise-wide, complex information technology initiatives, at both an infrastructure and an application level.
- Bachelors in computer science or Master or equivalent.
- Experience of distributed computing technologies such as Hadoop and Big Data technologies like HDFS, Pig, Hive, HBase, Scribe, Zookeeper and NoSQL systems. Experience in commercial deployment of Hadoop/MR based system.
- Software Development Minimum of 8 years’ experience with Enterprise Java or .NET architectures. Web Services Development of applications utilizing one or more of the following web services technologies:
- JSON-RPC, JSON-WSP, Web Services Description Language (WSDL), REST, RPC, or XML. Performance Tuning Minimum of 2 years’ experience with performance and scalability tuning of high-volume websites/applications.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience with Parallel and Grid Computing Technologies.
Interested people can apply for this job can mail their CV to [email protected] with subject as Principal Engineer – Data/Analytics – Tyco – Bangalore