Designation – Principal Engineer, SW – Big Data
Location – Bangalore
About employer– Harman
Qualification and Skills Required
- Minimum 8+ years experience developing Big data / Hadoop applications
- Strong experience Java based application
- Strong experience in writing scripts in Java Map-Reduce, Pig, Hbase, hive.
- Experience with Apache, SVN (for revision control), Maven, Jira.
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services or other cloud-based hosting environments
- Experience with building highly scalable web applications supporting large high-volume mission-critical consumer-facing Internet environments.
- Experience writing applications in Mongo DB is plus.
- Experience integrating with 3rd party APIs (ie. Apache, Hbase, google, Hadoop) through server-side applications
- Experience building and maintining automated tests using Junit.
- An ability to understand and write scripts in shell or other scripting language.
- Leading small by highly Agile team of engineers.
- Track record of strong troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in:
- Big data focused platforms
- Standards protocols and data formats including REST, JSON, and XML/SOAP
- Some experience in performance optimization of high-volume, distributed web services
- BE / MCA
- 5+ years of experience in Statiscial modeling, Knowledge discovery, Data Mining, Machine Learning in large scale data.
- Should be able to think out of the box and contribute towards future IPs.
- Should be a self motivated, result oriented and an excellet team player
- Should be able to work under competivitive time frame and still deliver.
- Should be a very fast learner and have excellent problem solving ability
- Should have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to work in an office in Pune, India
- Willingness to submit to a background screen and a drug test
Interested people can apply for this job at this PAGE