Designation – Data Scientist/Senior Data Scientist
Location – Bangalore
About employer– GE Global Research
- As a senior data scientist in the Modeling and Optimization lab, you will create and guide programs to invent and deliver predictive modeling and decision technologies for diverse GE businesses such as GE Aviation, GE Transportation and GE Healthcare.
- You will lead and drive programs in areas such as statistical algorithms for processing massive time series data, statistical risk modeling and development of novel algorithms for detecting and correcting anomalies in complex data.
- Typical applications include developing novel algorithms for early warning systems, building models for medical prognostics and systems for anomaly detection/correction in monitoring and diagnostics data.
Qualification and Skills Required
- Candidates should hold an MTech or MS(with Exp) or Phd(Fresher or Exp) in Computer Science, Mathematics, Applied Statistics, Electrical Engineering , Mechanical Engineering or related disciplines wwith an excellent academic record and practical experience with recent advances in mathematical & computational sciences and statistical modeling.
- The candidate should have a demonstrated strong foundation in probability, statistical theory with a deep understanding of statistical estimation, hypothesis testing, linear and logistic regression.
- A solid grounding in applied statistics including expertise in at least one of the following is a must: Reliability models, Bayesian modeling, statistical classification, cluster analysis, time series analysis, forecasting and multivariate statistics.
- Possessing strong Implementation and Programming Skills in one or more of Java, Python, SAS, R, Python, Matlab is a must.
- Prior experience working with very large datasets using Big Data tools and platforms (Hadoop, PIG/HIVE/Mahout) is highly desirable.
- Proven ability to lead complex projects with multi-disciplinary teams and ability to work with global businesses to create new programs is a must.
- This position will be reporting to- Sridhar Dasaratha, Narasinh Sivakumar Tatikonda
- Desired Skills and Experience
- PhD OR MSc in Analytics / physics / mathematics / pure science / Engg PhD / Data Science / Statistics / Computer Science or related field
- 0 – 10 yrs of exp with PhD / MSc
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with Industrial engineering data – aviation, healthcare, transportation, energy, oil & gas, etc.
Interested people can apply for this job can mail their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject as Data Scientist/Senior Data Scientist – GE Global Research – Bangalore