Designation – Associate Analyst/Analyst
Location – Gurgaon
About employer – McKinsey
The Analyst will be responsible for working with statisticians, actuaries, experts and consultants to understand the client’s requirements, to design and to develop intelligent solutions using US Health Insurance databases.
- Understanding requirements from our actuaries, statisticians and consultants to independently work with them to develop, maintain and augment MAHA’s propriety solution MPACT.
- Independently drive analytic work stream(s)
- Integrate advanced actuarial modelling, analytic and quantitative tools, statistical modelling techniques, and data mining procedures and tools to derive business insights, solve complex business problems and improve decisions
- Understand health insurance data structures of client and external data sources to conduct quality checks and formalize validation rules to ensure the data is complete and accurate
- Acquire deep understanding of US Healthcare domain
- Problem solve and propose solutions depending upon given constraints
- Engage in regular problem-solving sessions with overall leadership and analytic team leadership to present findings and refine their own analytic plan
- Develop actuarial and/or statistical models for client to use to improve decision making in key business processes (e.g., product development, pricing, and marketing)
- Contribute positively to a dynamic team of analysts with skills including consumer marketing, risk, advanced statistical and/or actuarial analytics
- Coordinate with other analysts and with leadership to develop sustainable and reproducible IP that can be applied across clients and markets
- Work closely with Data management team to understand data availability/wholesomeness and drive synergies in the group
- Perform data integration, manipulation, and querying for purposes of reporting and more sophisticated analytics
- Present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner
- Deliver end products/solutions maintaining quick turn around times and highest quality standards
- Enhance the existing modelling process to attain better efficiencies
Qualification and Skills Required
- Post Graduate/Graduate in Statistics or MBA from reputed institute, and having a course in mathematics/statistics is a plus
- Thorough understanding and application of statistical techniques in real world business environment
- Exceptional academic qualifications including advanced statistical training, consumer marketing and/or risk analytics (actuarial experience a big plus)
- Experience in independently executing advanced analytics with practical business output (e.g., statistical, data and ideally actuarial) to drive business results
- Soft Skills
- Strong problem-solving and logical skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and deliver accurate, high volume results on tight deadlines.
- Energetic, cooperative and pleasant personality
- Ability to actively contribute in a talented team with various backgrounds in a dynamic, complex and fast-paced environment.
- Excited to help build a start up business in an ambiguous environment
- Advanced coding skills using Mat lab (Must have)
- Ability to use statistical software packages such as SAS (SAS Base, with knowledge of SAS Enterprise Guide or SAS Enterprise Miner), SPSS, R and database software packages such as SQL
- Experience in working with enterprise class data environments to access, manipulate and analyze large data sets
- Experience in business intelligence/MI projects, such as SAS Enterprise Guide 9.2, SAS BI dashboard 4.3/4.2
- Advanced understanding of MS SQL, MS Access, MS Excel
- Experience in Statistical Modelling using Univariate and Multivariate Regression Analysis, Generalized Regression Modeling, ANOVA/ANCOVA/MANOVA, Non-Parametric methods, Categorical and Longitudinal Data Analysis, Survival Analysis, mixed models, Factor Analysis, Sampling methods, Bayesian Statistics, Monte Carlo Markov Chain simulation, Experimental Design, Protocol Design, Survey Sampling, Clustering/Classification CART, Decision Trees, CHAID, Linear Optimization, etc.
- Advanced Analytic experience (2-4 years) in a real-world business setting with 1-2 years of Mat lab coding experience.
- Strong preference for experience in US health insurance analytics (ideally Individual, Small Group, Senior markets) and an understanding of the key drivers of consumer value in health insurance
- Links all activities back to personal and organizational objectives
- Agrees on both long and short-term priorities and is prepared to meet the end objective
- Relationship Management:
- Understands how activities in other parts of the business impact on own area and vice versa
- Builds lasting relationships within and outside the organisation and uses the network for the benefit of all parties
- Creates opportunities to meet with network regularly on an informal and formal basis
- Shares knowledge of where to go for help outside the team
- Able to influence a range of individuals from different levels, backgrounds by tailoring approach to suit the individual concerned
- Effectively manages own impression and presents others with alternatives to secures a win-win situation
- Ability to take personal ownership over projects, innovate and improve client solutions
Interested people can apply for this job can mail their CV to [email protected] with subject as Associate Analyst/Analyst – McKinsey – Gurgaon