Designation – AVP – Business Insights
About employer – HDFC Life
- Lead Architect for BI/Data Warehouse, Data Integration and Data Modeling (e.g., ETL process, ODS, EDW, Data Marts, Qlikview & OBIEE Databases) Solutions.
- Work with BI EIM Team & Business Users on reporting business requirements – Support data, data mapping, and data relationship requests/questions from a data model standpoint from business and IT teams
- Metadata and Master data Management
- Develop logical data model (LDM) & physical data model (PDM) to address sizing and capacity for Qlik and BI applications. Logical data modeling for both existing and new business subject areas in the Operational Data Stores, Business Intelligence solutions/Data Marts, and other applications (both Qlik and Analytical).
- Define & maintain BI/Data Warehouse methodologies, standards and industry best practice.
- Work with IT, ETL & Reporting development teams to develop BI Platform Solutions.
- Support all data model change requests, updating all model documentation, including metadata as needed
- Design and development database objects and scripts a long with data strategy and their associated policies.
- Monitor Batch Jobs, communicate and troubleshoot issues with data integrity, data design, and functional and technical software issues.
- Create Data Dictionary with full description of data element and its usage.
- Leading complex ETL design efforts and providing direction and mentoring to less senior staff to support implementation of ETL designs using company standard tool stack
- Information Architecture
- Conduct information usage analysis on all extracted data
- Conduct Data Mart/Cubes usage and analysis
- Create/Maintain Enterprise Data Flow Diagrams
- Create Data Warehouse road map
- Provide guideline in data integration strategy
- Reverse Engineer and maintain existing data models
- Visualize data, create scenarios, and develop options prior to arriving at a data model solution.
- Support data, data mapping, and data relationship requests/questions from a data model standpoint from business and IT teams
- Maintain database performance by identifying and resolving production and development problems
- Provide technical and data leadership on the future direction of the Analytics and Reporting systems and how that direction will impact the enterprise
Qualification and Skills Required
- Experience working with Business Intelligence and demonstrated advanced knowledge in the role of Data architect.
- Understanding of SAS LDM, working experience in SAS E-Miner/R/SPSS
- Experience with data architecture of Data Warehouse (using Kimball or Inman approaches), data modeling Tools
- Experience with data analysis/data profiling of source systems as well as SQL programming & tuning experience for ORACLE and SQL Server Databases
- Strong skills in the areas of communication, problem analysis, delivery on results, self-development, adaptability and flexibility, global perspective, strong time management and organizational skills
- Must be knowledgeable with all aspects of SDLC (Systems Development Life Cycle)
- Business Intelligence strategies / design as it relates to Data Architecture, including Analytics and Big Data solutions are a plus
- Strong skills in the areas of Requirements Gathering and Testing & Validation are required.
- Knowledgeable in Insurance/BFSI Industry
- Knowledge and experience with Exadata/Teradata Business Warehouse, Web based BI tools like Qlikview preferred
Interested people can apply for this job can mail their CV to email@example.com with subject as AVP – Business Insights – HDFC Life – Mumbai