Designation – Data Engineer
Location – Bangalore
About employer – GSN
We are building a next generation “big data” analytics platform for social gaming. Our BI platform runs on Vertica and contains over one trillion data points. We ingest close to 1 billion records a day from various internal and external data sources including databases, mobile devices, web services and 3rd party APIs. You will be responsible for building highly scalable multithreaded applications to gather, store and maintain massive datasets. The applications you build will help power a growing library of dashboards, reports, and interactive data tools consumed directly by our management team.
Qualification and Skills Required
- Exceptional experience and proficiency with Python including experience with popular python packages such as pyodbc, boto etc.
- Experience with object oriented programming in Java/C++/C#
- Strong analytical ability and debugging skills
- Experience developing software against 3rd party APIs / RESTful web services and working with vendors to identify and correct issues and drive enhancements
- Experience managing a GNU/Linux environment for development, including package management and basic system administration
- You can effortlessly write SQL, even the gnarly queries and are comfortable interacting with relational databases
- The ability to work on and manage multiple concurrent projects for multiple stakeholders is essential.
- You thrive when given broad objectives with minimal supervision, enjoy a fast paced “startup” like environment and have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- You’ve played around with R.
- You have experience in the gaming industry.
- You are great (not just good!) at Ping Pong.
Interested people can apply for this job can mail their CV to [email protected] with subject as Data Engineer – GSN – Bangalore