Designation – Machine Learning Scientist
Location – Bangalore
About employer – Amazon
- Use machine learning and analytical techniques to create scalable solutions for business problems
- Analyze and extract relevant information from large amounts of Amazon’s historical business data to help automate and optimize key processes
- Design, development and evaluation of highly innovative models for predictive learning
- Work closely with software engineering teams to drive real-time model implementations and new feature creations
- Work closely with operations staff to optimize various business operations,
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation
- Track general business activity and provide clear, compelling management reporting on a regular basis
- Research and implement novel machine learning and statistical approaches
Qualification and Skills Required
- A PhD in CS machine learning, Operational research, Statistics or in a highly quantitative field
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in predictive modeling and analysis
- Strong grasp of machine learning, data mining and data analytics techniques
- Strong Problem solving ability
- Comfortable using Java or C++/C. Experience in using Perl or Python (or similar scripting language) for data processing and analytics.
- Experience in using R, Weka, SAS, Matlab or any other statistical software
- Excellent written and verbal communication and data presentation skills. The role requires effective communication with colleagues from computer science, operations research and business backgrounds.
- 3+ years of industry experience in predictive modeling and analysis
- Experience working with distributed data storage and computing systems is highly preferred.
- Experience with Oracle in a Linux or UNIX environment is a nice to have.
- Technical aptitude and familiarity with the design and use of software systems. Experience working effectively with software engineering teams
Interested people can apply for this job can mail their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject as Machine Learning Scientist – Amazon – Bangalore