Designation – SAS Analyst
Location – Chennai
About employer – Truven Health Analytics
The Analyst, SAS provides SAS programming and data analysis support as part of team conducting outcomes, econometrics, and/or market research studies for pharmaceutical customers.
- Using detailed project specifications, write SAS DATA STEPs, PROCEDUREs, and MACROs to retrieve “raw” study databases, create summarized patient or hospital discharge level datasets, generate diagnostics and frequencies, and populate Microsoft Excel-ready output tables in multiple UNIX environments.
- Review and de-bug SAS code; review diagnostic reports to ensure results are congruent with study intent.
- Actively participate with project teams to resolve data anomalies and methodology questions.
- Generate ad hoc query results to support new business development.
- Other SAS programming needs as assigned by Sr. or Lead Programmer/Analyst.
Qualification and Skills Required
- Ideally a post graduate degree in Statistics or Information Technology discipline and at least 2 years BASE SAS and Advanced SAS programming experience.
- Minimum 1-2 years previous healthcare industry and/or quantitative work experience related to pharmaceutical industry or health research preferred. Exposure to health claim coding systems desirable.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with individuals at various levels within the organization and external clients.
- Strong critical thinking, questioning, and listening skills; excellent attention to detail.
- Time management skills for managing multiple tasks simultaneously, while completing work within allocated time frames.
- Significant experience using Microsoft Excel and familiarity with other Microsoft Applications: Word, Access, and PowerPoint.
Interested people can apply for this job can mail their CV to email@example.com with subject as SAS Analyst – Truven Health Analytics – Chennai