Designation – Senior and Chief Data Scientists
Location – Bangalore
About employer – Analyttica
- Collaborate with business teams to understand business challenges and connect the dots with niche quantitative techniques to come up with solutions to meet their requirements
- Be responsible for inculcating the frontiers of specialized quantitative analytics into the organizational DNA for future strategic growth in the analytical space
- Transform the quantitative capabilities of the organization to provide Analyttica a competitive edge in the analytical space
- Develop scalable and low latency models that can detect patterns
- Provide technical leadership, training, and subject matter expertise to our global client base as well as to fellow employees
- Be responsible for creation of an innovation ecosystem, partnering with external corporates and academia
- Institutionalize domain knowledge by producing patentable solutions for Analyttica
- Keep abreast of latest developments in the analytical space across industries for potential applications
Qualification and Skills Required
- PhD/Post Doc from a reputed institution. Field of Education – Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Operations Research, Statistics, Econometrics, Computational Social Science, or similar quantitative areas. Computer Science a plus.
- Strong academic record
- 5-15 years+ of experience post PhD in the field of advanced quantitative techniques and application in academic institutes or corporate innovation research labs or working in a product organization.
- Experienced in data/web mining, machine learning, natural language processing & text mining, and working/programming across Big Data Platforms/Algorithms.
- Software engineering experience around BI, Big Data, and Cloud computing a plus.
- Publications in reputed journals
Competency Requirements: Technical
- Sound knowledge and application in at least few of the following streams:
- Pattern Recognition (e.g. Artificial Intelligence, Neural Networks, Machine Learning, Support Vector Machines, Bayesian Networks, etc),
- Predictive Modelling & Forecasting (Multivariate Regression, Logistic Regression, Support Vector Machines, Bagging, Boosting, Decision Trees, and Time Series Analysis),
- Operations Research (Queuing, Markov Models, Experimental Analysis, Integer Programming and Stochastic Programming), and/or
- Specialized Applications (Latent Mix Modelling, Market Mix Modelling, Text Mining and Speech Analytics).
- Exposure to at least one statistical analysis tool such as R, SAS, WPS, Weka, etc.
- Use of other open source tools, modelling on big data platforms using Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Oozie, Flume, HBase/Cassandra, Storm etc.
- Understanding and experience of real-time analytics, NoSQL datastores, data modelling and data management, analytical tools, languages, or libraries (e.g. SAS, SPSS, R, Mahout).
- Experience in Map Reduce based ETL technologies. Strong foundational knowledge and experience with distributed systems and computing systems in general. Hands-on experience with “productionalizing”
- Hadoop applications (e.g. administration, configuration management, monitoring, debugging, and performance tuning).
- Previous experience with high-scale or distributed RDBMS (Teradata, Netezza, Greenplum, Aster Data, Vertica, etc).
- Java/C++/ Python/Perl programming skills, while not required, are considered a plus.
- Knowledge of BI OLAP tools such as Cognos, Business Objects, Web Focus etc is good to have.
- Competency Requirements: Behavioral
- A self-starter attitude, the ability to work independently and in a group, demonstrated initiative, and writing/briefing skills are great to have.
- Passion and deep technical competency in quantitative methods and/or business analytics
- Proven ability to model, prototype, architect and engineer systems requiring specialized knowledge; conceptualizing solutions deployment on cloud technologies.
- Interpersonal, communication and presentation skills – must be able to explain technical concepts and analysis implications clearly to a wide audience and be able to translate business objectives into actionable analyses.
- Strong strategic thinking ability – ability to plan and think ahead in anticipation of environmental shifts
- Ability to command respect across the organization based on professionalism and expertise
- Flexible attitude and openness to new ideas
- Willingness to work with long term entrepreneurial wealth creation option.
Interested people can apply for this job can mail their CV to email@example.com with subject as Senior and Chief Data Scientists – Analyttica – Bangalore