Senior Data Scientist – CoreCompete – India (2-5 years of experience)
Designation – Senior Data Scientist
Location – India
About employer – CoreCompete
Our Data Scientists are a unique breed of individuals. Exceptionally qualified and multi-faceted, they bring a combination
- We approach every problem with a fresh set of eyes and ideas. We find the most suitable analytical technique to solve our customer’s problem.
- Our breadth of experience and strong technical backgrounds enable us to find the most suitable techniques and technologies to solve problems.
- We have deep expertise in the industries we operate in. Our team seeks to understand the business opportunity and the technical context during the discovery process to ensure that our solutions have the highest likelihood of success.
- We recognize that analytical problems often require expertise in managing data and putting the eventual analytical solutions into operational contexts.
- We have experience in managing large volumes of data, including extracting/ integrating with such data from both internal data warehouses and external sources.
- We exploit the latest technologies and cloud based options for cost-effectively exploiting Big-Data opportunities.
- Our data scientists work closely with our engagement managers who lead our projects to deliver value.
- Unlike traditional project managers who focus solely on managing the cost and schedules, our engagement managers serve as true leaders for the engagement, creating value in all aspects of the project.
- Our consultants constantly calibrate their activities to ensure that they are focused on value and not technical or analytical sophistry.
Qualification and Skills Required
- Master’s (or preferably a Ph.D) in a quantitative/ computational field (e.g., Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Applied Math)
- Experience in application of advanced analytics to business problems
- Willingness to travel 25% of time
- Ability to work as required in the client’s time zone (US/ Western Europe)
- Ability to lead small teams (2-3 data scientists)
- 3-5 years of experience in leading analytical projects and delivering value to customers
- Demonstrated interest and aptitude for analytical problem solving using advanced algorithms and techniques
- Strong understanding gained through experience on advanced analytics (forecasting, data mining, optimization and reporting) techniques
- 2-5 years of hands-on experience in using software packages such as SAS for analytical modeling and SQL, Python for data management
- Experience in using Business Intelligence tools such as: SAS, Microsoft, Tableau for business applications
- Strong aptitude for analytical problem solving
- Exceptional communication skills. Demonstrable ability to communicate complex concepts to business audiences
- Ability to work effectively in a global team
Interested people can apply for this job at this PAGE