Location – Mumbai
About employer – Gap Inc.
- Comprehend problem statements and understand business objectives to be met
- Be able to independently work on technical implementation of scientific/quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions
- Source data from various data sources as per the data requirements for designing the analytical solution
- Analyze data across multiple dimensions and present results to senior members of the team, to help inform business optimization and planning strategy. Utilize this data to build targeted statistical models using algorithms such as regression, clustering, CART etc.
- Perform problem determination (root cause analysis), and document the source of problems and their resolution
- Actively engage in the discussion with the business team members to fully understand the business requirements and translate into appropriate models
- Translate recommendations into communication materials and effectively presents recommendations to colleagues for peer review and to mid/upper management
Qualification and Skills Required
- 3-6 years of work experience
- Education: Bachelors/Masters in Engineering, Statistics or Applied Mathematics
- Should have knowledge of mathematics and good problem solving skills
- Should have worked on algorithm development for analytical problems
- Experience in basic statistical techniques like Regression, Clustering, Factor Analysis, Time Series Modeling, Marketing Mix Model, Market Basket Analysis and other Data mining and machine learning methods etc.
- SAS/R knowledge, experience in Retail domain will be added advantage
- Able to drive the solution work independently
- Good problem solving skills and learning attitude
- Good communication, analytical and presentation skills, team player, process oriented, innovative in nature
Interested people can apply for this job can mail their CV to [email protected] with subject as Sr Analyst / Manager – Data Science – Gap Inc. – Mumbai