Data Analyst – Crayon Data – Chennai (2-8 years of experience)
Designation – Data Analyst
Location – Chennai
About employer– Crayon Data
We are looking to build a team of inspired, self-driven, analytical, flexible and focused individuals who bring great energy into a new enterprise with their experience, skills and winning attitude. If you get excited about building new things and aren’t daunted by the challenge of building something from scratch, then Crayon is your Simpler Choice.
- Performs structured data requirements analysis and data modeling in support of application development for relational and reporting databases.
- Strong Experience in working with Operational and Analytical Data models for Mapping a variety of sources
- Able to interpret measurement definitions, and perform data decomposition.
- Perform Gap analysis and impact analysis on any changes that are being suggested.
- In collaboration with others, develop and maintain temporary databases for data analysis necessary for projects and department functions, develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies for data profiling
- Following up with respective API owners (product teams & external parties) on getting correct data in the data platform. Working with the team to reconcile the data issues on a regular basis
- Ensuring the completeness & comprehensiveness of the database by integrating the sources for newly identified datapoints
- Ensuring the accuracy of the data points through automated & manual checks
- Responsible for physical database architecture and design, development, performance tuning, implementation, and support of the applications from a database perspective
- Ensuring the performance & maintenance of the DB on a day to day basis to ensure performance for platforms connecting to the DW (platforms – Tableau, querying /reporting interfaces developed on top of the DB)
- Manage database backups, maintenance and monitoring
- Manage performance tuning with indexing and query optimization
- Capture, process and manage app and platform usage data
- Handle database object deployment to Development, UAT, and Production
- Exposure to NoSQL storage solutions like MongoDB, ElasticSearch etc.
Qualification and Skills Required
- 2- 8 years’ experience in data warehouse development, API integration
- Working experience with Teradata, DB2 Extensive, SSIS or Talend experience in mapping for ETL
- Experience working in Data profiling across various Databases (RDBMS) and data warehouse, including full reference architecture from data integration, through semantic layer and reporting.
- Should have prior experience in data cleansing, data quality, data transformation, data reconciliation
- Strong knowledge of data and dimensional modeling.
- Experienced in group facilitation with participants from diverse business functions and work skills.
- Experience in mapping dimensional data models
- Extensive experience in Requirements Analysis and Gap Analysis
- Must understand data, data relationships at the table and attribute level.
- Technical expertise regarding data models and database design development.
- Understanding of XML, JSON and SQL
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Ability to Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner
- Ability to understand complex Business Processes and their relationships
- Interpret data and develop data integration mapping documents based on findings
- Supports the development of Enterprise Data Architectures.
- Must have experience in maintaining large SQL production databases preferably on linux servers, including indexing, performance tuning, query optimization, and replication;
- Experience with Performance Monitor and SQL Profiler must
- Must have experience troubleshooting and resolving SQL database problems, including data integrity, blocking and deadlocking, replication and logging
- Prefer Bachelor’s degree or higher in Information Management, Computer Science Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or related subjects.
Interested people can apply for this job can mail their CV to [email protected] with subject as Data Analyst – Crayon Data – Chennai