Senior Data Scientist – ValueLabs – Hyderabad – (8+ years of experience)
Designation – Senior Data Scientist
Location – Hyderabad
About employer– ValueLabs
The Senior Data Scientist is primarily responsible for creating business critical insights from large quantities of data using computer-based analytical and modeling techniques like logistic regression, neural networks, and decision trees. In this role the candidate has to listen to the questions that business users, executives and management are asking and devise tangible analytical strategies to solve real business problems. At ValueLabs, you will have the chance to explore large amounts of audience data using state of the art computing resources, analyze it and formulate insights from it for our clients. You will have direct interaction with team members from across disciplines (development, product strategy, sales and client services) and will also be responsible for interacting with our clients to help them realize the possibilities of their data
- Use distributed data platforms along with the relevant programming/statistical packages for large scale problem solving
- Clean, manipulate and investigate large data sets
- Understand complex business challenges, develop hypotheses, integrate internal and external data sources, analyze them using cutting edge machine learning or statistical modeling techniques to uncover causality (i.e., we go beyond correlations and interesting trends in making decisions) and synthesizing insights
- Create new models through entire life cycle using the most effective application of unguided, semi-guided and guided parametric and non-parametric modeling
- Investigate the impact of new computing technologies and niche, cutting edge analytical techniques and specialized applications, on diverse businesses
- Build scalable solutions that create great business impact
- Lead communication between modeling team and business owners using contextual visualization to demonstrate business value of hard analytical data
- Empathize with specific business processes and analyze data in context of overall business goals
- Work in a collaborative manner with team members and customers to gather requirements, analyze data and interact with multiple internal data management groups to support data analysis and develop analytical processes for operations
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and other analytical leaders across all departments to understand the business issue and context, identify requirements and expected outcomes
- Create performance metrics and tracking processes to measure the effectiveness of the modeling efforts
Qualification and Skills Required
We are seeking a motivated individual with:
- Masters in a modeling oriented disciplineor PhD/Post Doc in any field with advanced quantitative focus
- Strong academic record and/or publications in journals or conferences.
- Solid Post-graduate experience (minimum 8 years) in the field of advanced quantitative techniques while working for leading global academic institutes or corporate research labs or analytics organizations of large corporates or in consulting companies in analytics roles.
- Experience in modeling using large data sets of granular time series of customer and transaction data.
- Sound knowledge and application in as follows:
- Advanced statistical and mathematical theory
- Deep programming skills and experience in R, Python, Scala or other languages appropriate for large scale analysis of numerical and textual data
- Advanced quantitative methods relevant to modeling risk and consumer behavior: both parametric and non-parametric modeling, using unguided, semi-guided and guided approaches as appropriate
- Willingness and desire to learn from other data scientists and modelers in the team on the art and science of modeling, feature engineering, decision trade-offs between model complexity and model deployment
- Very good understanding of experimental design, A/B testing, multivariate testing
- Experience with data mining, machine learning, statistical modeling tools, underlying algorithms, relational databases and SQL
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills, ability to explain complicated mathematical concepts, algorithms and data structures to all business partners
- Intellectual curiosity, action focus, innovation, passion, speed and resilience in dealing with data.
Interested people can apply for this job can mail their CV to [email protected] with subject as Senior Data Scientist – ValueLabs – Hyderabad