Designation – (Senior) Big Data Engineer
Location – Bangalore
About employer – Cleartrip
At launch, Cleartrip redefined travel with its simplistic design philosophy and customer centric approach. Later we brought the same approach to solving the hotel discovery problem across India. Of course, there are many more exciting projects in the works. Our young & geeky workforce is spread across Mumbai, Gurgaon, Bangalore and Dubai building disruptive experiences on mobile and desktop. When you are not rubbing shoulders with developers from top Engineering colleges and product managers from top management institutes across the world, you might chill out with them playing sports, partying at local hangouts or enjoying beachside during offsite holidays. No wonder, Cleartrip has been ranked 2nd in professional services category in the survey of “best places to work 2015” by Great Places to Work Institute. There’s never been a more thrilling time to join Cleartrip.
- Design, build and maintain the big data technology stack at Cleartrip.
- Ensure the stack is high in performance, reliability, uptime and scalability.
- Use Kafka to stream real-time data into Hadoop.
- Use Storm to process unbounded streams of data.
- Configure and scale Hadoop nodes as HDFS storage need grows.
- Write highly efficient PIG scripts to analyze data stored in HDFS.
- Write highly efficient HIVE queries to allow Qlikview & Tableau to read Hadoop data.
- Use NoSQL databases like Cassandra/Hbase.
- Use R programming for statistical analysis, building predictive models and machine learning algorithms.
- Research on the latest tools and technologies and update the tech stack and be a thought leader within the company.
Qualification and Skills Required
- 2 yrs+ strong Java Development experience & preferably worked on Hadoop or HBAse, Cassandra, Storm, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Excellent OO design skills and hands on experience is using the various data structures.
- Experience in writing code in HIVE, PIG, Python, R and SQL.
- BE/B.Tech preferred
Interested people can apply for this job can mail their CV to [email protected] with subject as Big Data Engineer – Cleartrip – Bangalore