Location : Gurgaon / Pune
Experience Required : 5 – 8 Years
About employer: Confidential
A key enabler of the services of the company is leveraging data in delivering client solutions. The data available about customers is getting richer and the problems that the customers are trying to answer continue to evolve. In the endeavor to stay ahead in providing solutions to these evolving complex problems, the company has set up a Data Scientist track which has three major focus areas:
- Research the evolving datasets and advanced analytical techniques to develop new offerings / solutions
- Deliver client impact by collaboratively implementing these solutions
- Provide thought leadership
The Data Science Consultant will play a critical role in designing, developing and implementing analytical techniques on large, complex, structured and unstructured data sets (including big data) to help client make better decisions in sales and marketing space, with guidance from Data Science senior leadership.
- Developing advanced algorithms that solve problems of large dimensionality in a computationally efficient and statistically effective manner
- Implementing statistical and data mining techniques e.g. hypothesis testing, machine learning, and retrieval processes on a large amount of data to identify trends, figures and other relevant information
- Collaborating with clients and other company stakeholders to effectively integrate and communicate analysis findings
- Providing guidance and project management support to the Associates and / or Associate Consultants on the team
Research & Firm Contribution:
- Evaluating emerging datasets and technologies that may contribute to our analytical platform
- Owning the development of select assets / accelerators for efficient scaling of capability
- Contributing to the thought leadership of the firm by helping in researching the evolving topics and publishing them
- Educational background of Master’s or PhD in Computer Science (OR Statistics/Operations Research) from a premier institute
Key Competencies :
- Have a strong understanding of Natural Language Processing and a genuine appreciation for NLP research.
- Exposure in creating lexical semantic resources for NLP-based applications.
- Experience in applying ontologies to NLP applications.
- Experience with multi-lingual text mining and information retrieval.
- Experience in Social Media, Web 2.0, and Marketing domains.
- Understand the data from various sources and build models that can provide actionable insights
- Strong programming skills in at least one language – Java/Python/R
- Exposure to tools/platforms – Hadoop eco system and DB systems
- Agile project planning and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Domain knowledge/expertise (Healthcare/Travel/Hi-tech/Insurance) is preferred
Approach to work:
- Research focused mindset with strong attention to detail
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills; ability to devise a structure for solving unstructured problems / for conducting exploratory analytics
- High motivation, good work ethic and maturity
Interested people can apply for this job by sending their updated CV to [email protected]with subject as Data Science Consultant Text Mining- Gurgaon / Pune and following details:
- Total Experience
- Current CTC
- Expected CTC
- Notice Period