Task Info :
Roles & Responsibilities:
Do you have a passion for creating data-driven solutions for challenging business problems? We needs outgoing, curious, interdisciplinary data savvy specialists to organize and interpret Big Data to inform client decision makers, drive successful operations, and shape technology and resource investments. We are looking for individuals from diverse educational backgrounds to fill the roles of Senior and Chief Data Scientists. As a Data Scientist, you will get to work with advanced hardware, software and techniques to develop computational algorithms and statistical methods that find patterns and relationships in large volumes of data. You will work as a data miner, statistician, and business analyst. You will have the opportunity to work across many areas to analyze operational, digital, voice, mobile data, and consumer behaviour; with a variety of people and technologies to bring about advanced insights for our clients. We would expect you to be passionate about delivering accurate and actionable analyses to business decision-makers and be able to understand and creatively solve problems that span insights, techniques, technology, and business. Successful applicants will have keen technical insight, creativity, initiative and a curious mind to try and solve open-ended problems. A fantastic opportunity to learn communicating conclusions clearly to a lay audience and become experts through continued education, attending and/or presenting at academic and technical conferences, and collaborating with the external community. White paper creation and presentation is highly encouraged and sponsored.
- • Collaborate with business teams to understand business challenges and connect the dots with niche quantitative techniques to come up with solutions to meet their requirements
- • Be responsible for inculcating the frontiers of specialized quantitative analytics into the organizational DNA for future strategic growth in the analytical space
- • Transform the quantitative capabilities of the organization to provide a competitive edge in the analytical space
- • Develop scalable and low latency models that can detect patterns
- • Provide technical leadership, training, and subject matter expertise to our global client base as well as to fellow employees
- • Be responsible for creation of an innovation ecosystem, partnering with external corporates and academia
- • Institutionalize domain knowledge by producing patentable solutions for company
- • Keep abreast of latest developments in the analytical space across industries for potential applications
- PhD/Post Doc from a reputed institution. Field of Education – Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Operations Research, Statistics, Econometrics, Computational Social Science, or similar quantitative areas. Computer Science a plus.
- Strong academic record
- 5-15 years+ of experience post PhD in the field of advanced quantitative techniques and application in academic institutes or corporate innovation research labs or working in a product organization.
- Experienced in data/web mining, machine learning, natural language processing & text mining, and working/programming across Big Data Platforms/Algorithms.
- Software engineering experience around BI, Big Data, and Cloud computing a plus.
- Publications in reputed journals
Competency Requirements: Technical
- Sound knowledge and application in at least few of the following streams:
- Pattern Recognition (e.g. Artificial Intelligence, Neural Networks, Machine Learning, Support Vector Machines, Bayesian Networks, etc),
- Predictive Modelling & Forecasting (Multivariate Regression, Logistic Regression, Support Vector Machines, Bagging, Boosting, Decision Trees, and Time Series Analysis),
- Operations Research (Queuing, Markov Models, Experimental Analysis, Integer Programming and Stochastic Programming), and/or
- Specialized Applications (Latent Mix Modelling, Market Mix Modelling, Text Mining and Speech Analytics).
- Exposure to at least one statistical analysis tool such as R, SAS, WPS, Weka, etc.
- Use of other open source tools, modelling on big data platforms using Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Oozie, Flume, HBase/Cassandra, Storm etc.
- Understanding and experience of real-time analytics, NoSQL datastores, data modelling and data management, analytical tools, languages, or libraries (e.g. SAS, SPSS, R, Mahout).
- Experience in Map Reduce based ETL technologies. Strong foundational knowledge and experience with distributed systems and computing systems in general. Hands-on experience with "productionalizing" Hadoop applications (e.g. administration, configuration management, monitoring, debugging, and performance tuning).
- Previous experience with high-scale or distributed RDBMS (Teradata, Netezza, Greenplum, Aster Data, Vertica, etc).
- Java/C++/ Python/Perl programming skills, while not required, are considered a plus.
- Knowledge of BI OLAP tools such as Cognos, Business Objects, WebFocus etc is good to have.
Competency Requirements: Behavioural
- A self-starter attitude, the ability to work independently and in a group, demonstrated initiative, and writing/briefing skills are great to have.
- Passion and deep technical competency in quantitative methods and/or business analytics
- Proven ability to model, prototype, architect and engineer systems requiring specialized knowledge; conceptualizing solutions deployment on cloud technologies.
- Interpersonal, communication and presentation skills – must be able to explain technical concepts and analysis implications clearly to a wide audience and be able to translate business objectives into actionable analyses.
- Strong strategic thinking ability – ability to plan and think ahead in anticipation of environmental shifts
- Ability to command respect across the organization based on professionalism and expertise
- Flexible attitude and openness to new ideas
- Willingness to work with long term entrepreneurial wealth creation option.
- Some domestic and overseas mobility to travel to client locations.
College Preference : tier1-any
Min Qualification : pg
Skills : bigdata, data mining, decision trees, etl, forecasting, hadoop, hbase, hive, java, linear regression, logistic regression, machine learning, mapreduce, nlp, nosql, pig, predictive modeling, python, r, RDBMS, regression, sas, spss, teradata, text mining, time series, Weka
Location : Bengaluru